Wednesday, November 16, 2011

WHAT LIES AHEAD

Psalm 37:37  "Consider the blameless, observe the upright; there is a future for the man of peace."

A few days ago a dear friend asked me, "if you could do anything you wanted to for the rest of your life, could go anywhere, do anything, what would you do?"  I did not even hesitate for I knew what was in my heart.  I answered, "I would want to go all over teaching people to worship our Lord".

Now, I don't necessary see myself leading worship services, I have sang in Praise and Worship groups for a good part of my Christian life, but I play no instrument, and where singing may be a part, it is not the focus for me.  I just want to encourage people, just let them understand what worshiping the Lord means.  Just what it does for their relationship with the Lord, how it pleases Him when He hears His children loving Him with their heart's worship to Him.  Just how this pure worship draws Him down to be with them, showing up in their worship time and making Himself known to them.  Oh, what heaven is attainable when you worship the Lord with all your being, all your heart and spirit, when the truth of your heart flows out of your spirit as your voice calls out in song and melody with love, with adoration for the Great I Am. 

What joy fills my heart when I am in a service where there is no holding back by the children of God, where they are on their feet, lifting their hands up to their God, their Maker and giving Him the adoration He deserves.  I could just stand and be silent, and often do, just to hear the pureness of this sound of love going up to the Lord, just feeling Him smile and sigh deeply at the sweet incense flowing up to His throne room.  And then when I feel His presence come, when the Holy Spirit begins to move around the room, sometimes I look about to see if He is recognized by those there.  Not everyone recognizes Him.  I think it is a lack of expectation.  Not a lack of worship on their part, but so many do not know how to recognize the Lord's presence.  They don't truly expect Him.  But when I see some faces, there is no doubt they know just Who is beside them, entering in with them.  Oh, the glory that is shining on their faces.

I want to have everyone know this experience through worship.  I want to be able to share what the Lord does through our worship, what happens to us when we truly give of ourselves completely as we lift up the Name of our Lord in worship, as we sing praises to His Name, as we sing those new songs that flow from deep within our souls up to His throne room, entering into the sound of Heaven with the angels as they sing to our King.  What beauty is there as you feel your voice join with thousands of heavenly voices honoring the Lord with heartfelt worship.  Just thinking about it gives me joy. 

You cannot show up on Sunday morning and expect to worship with your whole heart if worship is not something you do often.  It is not going to happen.  I want to teach the children of God that in order to give your all to the Lord on Sunday, you have to be giving Him your all in worship all week long.  If you only worship on Sunday, it will sound as tinkling brass to the Lord.  He may be glad you are worshiping Him but it will not touch His heart as if you do this all the time.  When you worship Him at home, in your car, everywhere you are, whether out loud or in your spirit and heart, on Sunday morning, when your voice rises up to give glory to our Lord, He will hear you and say "there's my son now", or "there's my daughter, aahhhhh".  Such a quiet affection will flow down to you as you know you have touched His heart.  If you are worshiping all the time, when you get into a service, the Lord will use you as an example of how to worship Him; He will let you be the light of worship for others to see, for all to see how His glory falls on you as you worship Him.  And yes, you can definitely see God's glory on someone that is worshiping Him with their entire being.

So that is what I would love to do.  I believe soon the Lord will open doors for me to do this for Him, to give Him the glory of what He has done in my life, to allow me to worship Him in word as well as song.  My delight is to delight Him alone. I love You my Lord.  I thank You that You have given me this life, and I want to give this life back to You, to give you the praise and all the worship that You deserve for being the God that I love, for being the God that so tenderly loves me.


11-16-11

No comments:

Post a Comment