Monday, November 21, 2011

HE GIVETH AND GIVETH MORE GRACE

Hebrews 12:12  "Therefore, strengthen your feeble arms and weak knees."

Well, I have to tell you.....or perhaps you will know exactly what this verse means.  It's explanation is perfectly clear to me tonight.  I sorta moaned all weekend about how tired I was.  Just so exhausted I could hardly think straight. Even woke up Sunday morning thinking I could not possibly get dressed and drive to church.  The Holy Spirit had a totally different plan for me.  He urged me up and I am so thankful He did as I said last night, services were so beautiful and I was healed inside and out.  My spirit was so restored, and yet, this morning I found myself "woe is me" again.  Things have become more intense at work due to the season, the ending of the year, so many reasons, but what is this to who I am? 

A friend sent out Psalm 103 today.  Just the words Psalm 103.  At my lunch break I read the scriptures and it just lifted me up.  All my sins forgiven....all my diseases healed...my life redeemed from the pit....I am crowned with love and compassion....my desire of good things is satisfied....and my youth is renewed.  How can you possibility read such passionate words from the Father and not be lifted out of what ever self wallowing there is? 

If my arms are feeble and my knees weak, then I should be lifting them even more to worship my God, and kneeling more to thank Him for His goodness to me.  Sometimes the enemy can slip in and put a prideful attitude about you making you feel that you don't need to ask for your needs, for favor in your day.......but the Lord waits to hear you ask for just that.  He wants us to realize that our life is absolutely nothing without His grace.  He wants to supply our every need, but He would like to hear us ask.  God knows what we need, but in the asking, we are submitting ourselves to His authority, His Kingdom rule, His supply closet.  He is waiting to send everything our way, but it has to be in His time, His will for our life.  He wants us to submit ourselves to His plan for our lives, even if that means a shake up in how we see things.

Concern for my life, the way I see it, (just writing that now seems odd and comical to me) had me down, struggling for breath today and then, then God.  How excellent are Your ways, my Lord, how beautiful are Your mercies, sent down over and over.....and Your grace, more grace as needed than before.  Just the few moments reading Your Word, as You reveal to me my life in You, Your promises to me, O my God, what am I compared to Who You are.  How foolish not to look beyond my day and see the day You have planned for me.  No matter what happens to what is normal for me, it is Your plan that is there ahead of me.  If this life I lead, this job, the work I do, where I live, how I live,  if that all changes tomorrow, I know it will be because of Your plan that is progressing, a plan that is for my future, to be better for me.  And if You keep me doing what I am doing, You will make it bright and beautiful, You will show me Your will for it, why I am doing what I am doing.  It is so beyond me, it is all about You, my Lord God.  It is all about You.

I love You, my Lord.  There is none like You and I will never let go You.  I will cling to You as You are my Rock, my Foundation, my Strength, my Everything.  Forgive me, my Lord.  Just forgive me, your foolish child.  I trust You with all that is in me and I rejoice in whatever suffering I may have as I know it is to purify me for Your Glory.  May my life glorify You, my God, may my life give You priase.  May my life be pleasing unto You, my King.

11-21-11

No comments:

Post a Comment