Monday, November 7, 2011

THE SWEETNESS OF JESUS

Proverbs 13:19a  "A longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul..."

I would have loved to have walked this earth when Jesus was here.  To think of this, to have been here with Jesus, it is excitement so hard to contain these thoughts.  Thinking of my Lord Jesus, when He was but a child.  Can you imagine having a child that was pure joy.  That sin could not corrupt; that nothing His friends did, or things He heard would enter His heart or cause Him to be discontent with His life.  I can't even imagine what children of this era would have thought; no hi-tech toys to play with, toys that you had to make, or your dad or mom made for you.  No McDonalds....you can't imagine that either.  But this world has come a long way since our Lord walked the earth.

The only time the Bible talks about Jesus causing His parents any anxiety was when He was twelve and stayed in the temple while His family journeyed home thinking He was with them.  When they retraced their steps and several days later found Him still in the temple listening to the teachers and asking them questions, I believe they reacted the same as we would have finding our child after hours of searching, not days.  I imagine they were frantic worrying something had happened to Him.  And as Jesus did no wrong, He did not know that He had done wrong, and just explained that He had to be in His Father's house.  He knew the importance of being in the Father's house.  Learning, inquiring of the Father.  This is a desire that the Lord wishes would be in our hearts also.  Realizing that His parents were truly anxious over this, I believe Jesus was careful not to cause them undo stress after this while He was growing up as the Word doesn't mention anything like this occurrance again.  The Word says Mary treasured all these things in her heart.  I feel that when Mary saw her Beloved Son on the cross, all these things from her heart, all the memories, all the sweetness of her Boy, came flashing through her mind.  Her sweet little Boy, the love of her life, the miracle from her womb, now leaving her.  I wonder if she realized that once again, He was going to His Father's house.  This time, to forever be known as the Savior of the World.

Such sweetness in a Boy, such sweetness in a Man, and the most precious sweetness in my Lord.  I have such a depth of love for my Savior, when I worship Him, I feel that sweetness penetrating my heart and my soul.  I am not sure I have the right words to explain this, except that it is a sweet....I guess it is the Spirit that flows with the sweetness of the Lord.  I have smelled the fragrance of His love, I have seen the beauty of His Holiness, and I feel the sweetness.  Does that make sense to you?  I can feel the sweetness of my Lord.  There is no other explanation for it, but feeling.  The gentle, soft touch of the Lord exudes such sweetness. 

Holy are You,  Lord.  My God, what can I say that will explain to others the wonder I feel in Your Presence.  I am so undone....my heart is overwhelmed with love for You.  I will never understand why You have chosen me, I will never cease to be amazed by the love You have for me, or the sacrifice You paid for my sins; I only know that when You drew me to You, finally stopped me in my way and showed Yourself to me as I had never known You before, I could do nothing else but fall deeply in love with You.  You fill my thoughts constantly, my life is so joyous because of You.  I love You, my Lord, how I love You.


This 7th day of November, 2010, I am lost in the sweetness of my Lord Jesus.  My Precious Lord, the sweetness of You, of Your love, of Your touch.  I am lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment