Sunday, November 6, 2011

TIME TO RECEIVE

1 John 3:21-22  "Dear friends, if our hearts do not condemn us, we have confidence before God and receive from him anything we ask, because we obey his commands and do what pleases him."

What a wonderful service this morning.  It is such a blessing to go to services that you know are controled completely by the Holy Spirit.  Worship was beautiful, prophetic.  Then the pastor actually had them put the pulpit in place, he had a mesage and was going to preach it.  He always has a message but when the Holy Spirit is moving, he yields to the Spirit and lets the Lord control our services.  He will speak but it will be from the Spirit of God and not what he had brought to the service to preach.  So this morning he got up and had us turn to Genesis, to the account of Jacob and the ladder.  As he began prefacing what Jacob was to experience, the Holy Spirit took his words and first thing we knew he was speaking about asking, praying and receiving, the emphasis on receiving. And just left the pulpit behind and was once again on the steps of the platform letting the Lord pour out of him what He had for us.

Receive....this truly touched my heart.  We ask, but do we always ask in faith.  Do we truly believe that when we ask, when we pray, that we will receive the blessing from the Lord. Whether it be healing, financial, restoration; are we believing?  Yes, I know you, like myself, we believe.  We have faith.  But do we continue to ask, do we continue to pray and ask the Lord for the same thing?  It is time to open our arms and know that the answer to our prayer is here; it is ready to be received.  The Lord is waiting for us to open our hearts to His blessing, to receive in our spirits that for which we asked, to allow our bodies to receive the healing power of the Lord; to let ourselves be open to the blessings that the Lord is sending our way.  My heart tells me if I keep asking and asking, at what point am I telling the Lord that I have faith.  If I have to keep asking, I feel like I am saying "I am not sure You heard me, or I am not certain that  I have prayed and asked enough".  I feel strange saying I believe in You, Lord; I believe in Your Word and then keep asking for the same thing.  I am going to ask, I am going to ask that His will be done in this situation, and then I am going to thank Him for blessing me with an answer, an answer that reflects His will for my life, His will covering me with love and protection....just as His Word tells me.  And then I am going to receive from the Lord.  What the Lord gives me in answer to my prayer, I will receive; you see, I know that all things, all things must be according to His Word.  His Word tells me that I am blessed, I am loved, I am cherished by God Almighty.  I am the head, not the tail; I am blessed, not cursed; I am alive in Christ; the sinful man is dead.  I am victorious, I am not a loser but a achiever who has the power and strength of the Lord.  I will receive the miracle that I am seeking; I will receive the beautiful peace that I seek; and I will know the presence of my God here on earth.

It is now, it is for this time, that receiving of the Lord is forthcoming.  His Word declares that the fields are white for harvest, and we are harvesters; as we harvest for the Lord, the Lord pours out a harvest of blessings on us.  His Word does not return void to Him or to us.  When we pray His Word, when we share His Word, it returns to us through Him.  If we ask in Jesus Name, it is given in Jesus Name.  His Word is true, then, now, and forever; true.

I receive from You, my King.  I receive the blessings You so desire to give me; I receive healing, I receive my Daily Bread, my substance needed each day; I receive blessings in my work; I receive the beautiful friendships You have sent and are sending my way; I receive the love of my Savior, my God and King; and precious Lord, I receive the most beautiful blessing of all....Your Presence.

This 6th day of November, 2011, I thank You, my Lord.  I thank You that You have taught me how to pray, You have proved Yourself faithful to me, building my faith; I believe in You my God; and I thank You Lord that You are teaching me to receive.  You are opening me up to the Glory of Your Kingdom, You are drawing me up to You, hands up lifted, waiting, knowing and expecting to receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment