Thursday, November 3, 2011

UNTO YOU O LORD

Psalm 45:1  "My heart is stirred by a noble theme as I recite my verses for the king; my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer."

Last spring a good friend of mine gave me the above scripture.  The Lord had given it to her for me and it left me speechless.  My heart is indeed stirred by a noble theme, that theme being worship.  The recipient of my worship is my King.  If my tongue is the pen of a skillful writer, it is because the Holy Spirit brings forth the words from my heart, from my spirit.  I am totally speechless when the Presence of the Almighty, when the Glory of my Lord surrounds me in my little office/study.  Sometimes I sit in this chair for the longest time waiting until I can see to type again, as so often I begin to write and then begin to weep as the Lord fills me with Himself, as He surrounds me with such love, such beauty of Himself, I can do nothing but melt in His Presence. 

There are only about eight more days in the year the Lord told me to complete with my writings, one each day for a year.  Then put them together and bind them for my family.  I don't even know if my family wants them, but the Lord told me to do this, and I will.  I believe the title of tonights blog will be the title of the writings bound together.  "Unto You, O Lord" as each writing, each day was unto Him, given to Him, given by Him.  It has all been for You, my God.  All to worship and honor just You alone. 

I must be honest and say that in the beginning there were days when I read the blog to correct the spelling that I was overwhelmed by what was written and I got a little puffed up.  Human, you think?  No, it was not, it was the urging of the enemy telling me how great the writings were and put in my heart pride.  It did not take long for this to reduce me to nothing before my God.  And I knew it, for as I sat one night, nothing came.  Absolutely nothing.  So much for my gift.  It was never me, I quickly learned, not me at all.  It was all Him, my Lord, my God; through the Holy Spirit giving me direction, giving me visions, dreams.  Pouring out on me as I drove down the road, sat at my desk, listened to music, even watching TV and seeing a movie.  All a part of the Lord's plan; I listen, I wait, He tells, He delivers, He comes.  After He got me back on the right track, there were some days that I did not have a word from the Lord, but these days He let me know I could write my heart; I could give to Him from deep within my soul, my love and worship to pour out to Him.  See the Lord knows my heart and He knows I want to worship Him always.  Sometimes the need to express myself to my God in song and worship, in words of love and adoration are so strong, I have to pour them out here.  And the Lord has blessed me in letting me have days to do just that.  Just to honor Him; just to pour myself out to Him, to worship Him.

I also journal each morning and in there are my words to my Lord.  Prayers, my needs, doubts, frustrations, anxieties, all put down as He draws them from me.  You know when you put things on paper, so many times the Lord will be answering you, guiding you, showing you the way as the words come out of you.  If you have never journaled, begin to write your thoughts, your needs, your desires each day. Reread them and see if the Lord doesn't speak to you about them.  He is so good, so wonderful to give you the desires of your heart; what you need to know, He will tell you; direction for the day, He will show you. The journal I began over a year ago has just about filled up the first book and I will be starting book two soon.  What a marvel my Lord is.  I stand amazed each day by His revelations to me.

All I do, my Lord, I do unto You.  As I write, it is unto You.  As I worship in song and adoration, it is unto You.  I want to live my life unto You.  This 3rd day of November, 2011, I pray, my Lord, that my life is a blessing unto You; that my praise and worship is a sweet incense unto You.  I give my all, my beautiful Lord, my King, my Beloved, all I give as unto You.

No comments:

Post a Comment