Saturday, November 26, 2011

PAPPA, AM I DREAMING?

Revelation 22:20  "He who testifies to these things says, "Surely I am coming quickly."

I have been watching Hallmark movies this evening, sweet, beautiful stories of Christmas miracles.  The joy that is displayed when the dreams and desires of people come true at this special time of year.  Yes, I realize that these movies are made to end happily and all involved get their dreams, their wishes, and so many think this is not real life.  Things like this do not always happen.  But they can....

I believe the choices we make, the dreams we have, the things we wish for, they are attainable if the basis for them are rooted and founded in our Lord.  If we dream to be a millionaire, perhaps that is a dream made not quite on the good and pure.  I think sometimes of the things I could do if I had a lot of money, how perhaps I could make a difference in the lives of so many that are struggling, but then I also realize that I would probably get in the Lord's way of His plan for these people.  We are not the answer. You, my God, are the only true answer for all.   We are to make a difference in the manner in which our God has planned for us.  The things He does through us has to be His will, in His timing.  We have to make sure we do not get in His way.  But once again, I rabbit trail....

The dreams we have, when we dream of the plans the Lord has for us, when our dreams become entwined in His plans for us, then we will see those dreams come to be.  We must be patient as it will be in His time, not ours, for we must be ready and prepared for the dream to be right, to be complete in us.  Wishes, how simple it would be if we could just make a wish and know it will materialize.  Here again, if our wishes are to be the servant of our Lord, to serve Him and to serve others, to live our lives for Him alone and to glorify Him, those wishes will be manifested.  When our heart's desire is to be like our Lord, to love others, to be His vessel, His Light to others, then our wishes will come true.  Our God will see to that as it is His delight to have those wishes reach His ears; His heart.

My God, how I love You.  As I seek You, desiring to see Your face, in my heart I know one day I will stand before You and look into Your eyes and see that beautiful look of love that I dream about.  I feel Your love all around me, Your Presence surrounds me as it has these last few hours as I sat watching these little movies.  I could feel Your hand on me as I wept for their joy, the happiness they felt as their dreams came true touching my heart; I could feel You smile down on me seeing the joy that these little things gave my heart.  I love when You spend the time with me, just when I am doing the smallest of things, like watching TV, You will be with me and let me feel You there.

I have simple wishes, Lord, but I have strong desires.  My wish is for all to come to know You, to come before You in repentance giving their lives to You.  I wish that all would know Your joy and Your peace; Your mighty presence.  Those things I wish Lord.  My desires are so much greater.  One of my greatest desires is to see the people of this earth bow before You and worship You with all their hearts, singing from the depths of their souls beautiful new songs of love to You, songs of passion and thanks to You.  I want to see this whole earth worship You my Lord.  I desire that so much.  My heart overflows with thanksgiving when I am in a service and everyone is worshiping You, their God and King, and not worrying about the time or what anyone thinks.  Just having You on their hearts and minds, just loving You.  I want to see You praised for Who You are, not for anything You can do or they want, but just for Who You are; the God of all Creation and Majesty;  our Father.

And, my Lord God, my only other desire is to see You face to face.  To know Your arms around me, to feel Your breath on my face, to have You with me all the time.  I want to know You are there; I love Your presence here my Lord, but so many times, I feel You leave and I know it is so my desire stays strong, my longing stays fresh for You, but I want You to stay.  I want to wake up each day knowing I just have to go a little distance to be before Your throne to worship You with the Heavenly Choirs and never wake up to ask "Pappa, am I dreaming?".  I desire eternity with my Lord.  I love You so.

11-26-11

No comments:

Post a Comment