Thursday, November 17, 2011

I WAS PUT ON HOLD

Psalm 18:6,16  "In my distress I called to the Lord; I cried to my God for help.  From his temple he heard my voice; my cry came before him, into his ears. (16) He reached down from on high and took hold of me; he drew me out of deep waters."

I had a customer today that had a problem and needed me to call another company for her, a company that we do business through.  It took forty-five minutes to get this done.  From the first person that told me, "I need to put you on hold and ask someone", only to disconnect me, to the last person that finally gave me an answer and then it was not one in the customers best interest.  But as I was passed from one person to another, each needing to put me on hold, I had time to consider what was going on. I began to get a little irritated and when I felt this rising up in me the Holy Spirit whispered to me, "the Father never puts you on hold when you call Him".

Immediately, I began to calm down and relax in the words of the Holy Spirit and began to think on all the times I had called upon my God to help me.  What would I have done it He would have told me to hold for a minute and then had Him pass me to someone else.  What if He would have just disconnected me.  How could I have gotten through all the things in the last few years had not my Lord, my God, instantly answered my call for help.  Not one time has my Lord ever told me to hold for a minute.  Now sometimes my prayers are not answered right away, but when a true cry for help goes up to the Lord from one of His beloved children, He responds.  If we are in danger, if we have the enemy's hands around our throats cutting off life, the Lord comes flying down on the wings of an eagle to surround the enemy and snatch us right out of his grip.  If you have never known the life saving answer to a cry for help....well, of course you know this feeling.  We, all of God's children, at one time or another, have known His saving grace when we cry out in distress to Him.

As I was thinking about this, my heart became so full of thanksgiving for all those times that the Lord heard my cry and came to my rescue.  He is everywhere, He is all knowing, He is Omnipotent, our God is.  He hears the smallest cry, sometimes whispered out in a wimper but He hears it and responds to His child.  He doesn't pass us off to someone else, He always has time for us.  The Lord is never too busy to talk to us, to give us direction, to give us answers to the problems we have.  He will so often lead me to His Word as there are answers there to all life's problems.  When we search the Word for His direction, His answers to our problems, truly yielding to the Lord, He is faithful to illuminate the answers to us.  He wants us to know His ways, His truth and He will not hide them from us.  He is ready and eager to help us, we never have to wait to seek the Lord in His Word.  Every answer and response from our Lord is in the best interests for our lives, the answers that will give us life in Him, refreshing, beautiful life.

Father, I thank You from the deepest part of me for lifting me from the snares of the enemy so many times.  He doesn't give us trying to entrap me, but You don't ever leave me to him.  You always pull me out of his grasp.  You are waiting for my call, Lord, always waiting.  You never forsake me, you will never abandon me to the enemy.  You are my God, You are my Salvation and my Strength.  You are the Power, You are the Glory forever and ever.  You will never put me on hold.  You will always be there for me.  My Lord God, my Father, Pappa.

11-17-11

No comments:

Post a Comment