Wednesday, February 29, 2012

REMOVED FROM THE VINE

John 15:1-2  "I am the true vine and my Father is the gardener.  He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful."

It seems like the more I study, the more that is revealed to me.  I have read this verse numerous times and just today saw the phrase "He cuts off every branch in me".  I never noticed that Jesus was talking about those that are in Him.  So, if we are in Jesus, and are not fruitful.....

I believe the Lord wishes us all to be fruitful.  We are not here to just become a Christian and decide "Okay, that is done, now I just wait for His return".  No we are here for a purpose.  We all have a purpose.  All are created to worship our God, but we have a perfect plan made just for us.  There is a call on each one of our lives, a design that is created to fit the talents and gifts that the Lord gave us.  It does no good to have a wonderful talent of singing if you are going to sit on the bench and not sing.  Sometimes there are reasons that you sit out for a while, but do what you were made to do.  Some people are gifted with teaching, wonderful teachers they are.  But somtimes things happen and we tend to get hurt or disappointed and decide we will not do that anymore.....but this is what the Lord created you to do.  Personalities have no place in the plans of the Lord, just obedience and willingness to follow Him.

The sadness of this, is when someone steps down from their ministry, their teaching, their singing, their preaching due to reasons that cannot be helped, sickness, weariness, whatever; needing time for the Lord to restore them and refresh their gifts, time for the Lord to bring a newness into their spirits.  Then when some do this, talk begins, people wondering what is going on, and gossip starts.  What a sadness falls on the Lord.  All these folks need is some time to regain their balance, get their lives in order and continue on the call of the Lord.  They want to be productive fruit again.  They want to keep close to the Vine where that restoring life can continue to flow through them.

Those that decide there is not enough glory, not enough money in what they are doing....not enough appreciation, so they just quit that the Lord has called them to.  We all know people like that.  I don't have to look far, the  mirror is close enough.  I remember getting so discouraged and disappointed in people that I did not sing for a good while.  I just sort, well, I guess I thought I was going on strike.  How foolish I was. What occurred was a total period of unhappiness, misery, and gloom not doing what the Lord called me to.  I am so thankful He did not cut me out of my Savior while I was being so childish.  I would like to think that all who are called to do things for the Lord respond.  Perhaps they are like me and never truly read that scripture in the manner it was written.

Father, I don't know why this was written today.  I know it showed me some things but I trust You and I know You don't have me write something that is not needed for someone.  Please, Lord, make this what You designed it to be.  I trust in You, my Lord.  I thank You that You have gifted me, that the fruits You have developed in me come to light through the love of Jesus, my Savior.  I give You all the Glory, all the Honor, all the Majesty.  Unto You, my King, I give all my worship.

02-29-12

No comments:

Post a Comment