Tuesday, February 28, 2012

THE GENTLE BUFFER

Psalm 32:7  "You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance."

When I first heard the words Gentle Buffer, immediately I thought of the protection of the Lord.  How He surrounds us with His love and keeps us from all harm.  Then my mind went to the fact that He is our mediator with the Lord, a buffer from what would be, perhaps, anger of the Lord when we fall into sin, or when we are slow to follow His direction.  I know without the intercession of the Lord, I believe our God would get a little, if not a lot, annoyed at us for the direction we sometimes go.  "How long" I can hear Him saying when I foolishly do something contrary to His direction.  If doesn't take long though for the Holy Spirit is faithful to bring us back to where we should be in Him.

The Lord moves in strange ways at times.  After giving thought to these meanings of what Gentle Buffer may mean, the Lord showed me just what He meant.  When we give our all to the Lord, when we  submit ourselves to Him, and are born again, we begin a new life in Him, as He begins a new work in us.  His work is never finished, and will not be until that day that we join Him in Glory.  We strive to be more like Jesus each day, well, this is what we should be doing.  If you are not living each day to be more and more like our Lord Jesus, whose blood has washed us clean from all sin, then you need to return to the foot of the cross and remember that beautiful sacrifice that was made for you.  I am drifting again, Lord. 

Our days are filled with so many things that tend to grab hold of us, sometimes staying on for a while, perhaps someone said something that was hurtful, perhaps we responded in like.... there are things that we still need to be released from, the things that are harbored in our spirits, the things that we desire to be rid of, those things that are not of our Lord.  So in comes the Gentle Buffer.  So gentle, that you will not know He is there.  But as we seek His face, as we desire to be more like Him, the Lord gently buffs all those things off you.  He removes each instance so softly that we will not know it has happened until we awake one morning and realize that we have a lightness to our spirits, that there is a little spring in our walk where heaviness was before.  What a blessed Savior we serve, so precious, that He will not leave us in our state of spiritual weariness over something we have done, or not done if that is the case.  He will always be polishing off the rough spots until there is such a smooth appearance to us....."in His image".

Lord, I believe You are all these things, all these meanings of Gentle Buffer.  Our Intercessor, always bringing us righteous before our God.  You are our Protector, keeping harm from us, surrounding us with Your love.  And You are the Blood that has cleansed us and washes us daily, removing all those things that can keep us from the relationship of the Father that we desire so much.  Gentle Buffer, sweet Lord Jesus, how I thank You, how I worship You....I love You so.  You are all my righteousness, I stand complete in You, and worship You, worship You, Jesus Christ my Lord.


02-28-12

No comments:

Post a Comment