Wednesday, February 1, 2012

MINDLY SPIRITUAL

Acts 2:28  "You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in your presence."

I was thinking this morning as I was worshiping along with the beautiful music playing in the car, about how all the saints and angels are continuously worshiping around the throne of the Lord.  One day, I thought, one day, I too will be there worshiping my Lord, in person, right there with that heavenly choir of hosts, perfectly pitched, harmonies richly blending together, making the most perfect praises and worship to the King of kings, our Lord God.  As I thought about this, I just knew that there would be time during the day, and I like to think, each day, for some one on one time with the Lord.  Just Him and me, His worshiper, His child that loves Him so much.  I just want to be able to be by Him, to walk and talk, to sing my songs to Him alone and to have Him sing to me, just a time for us to commune together, the two of us.  Just as these thoughts began to bring a big smile to my face, the Lord told me, "you can begin now for that one on one time with me, you do not have to wait".

So often we think of what we will do and what we will say to the Lord, how we will worship and praise with the worshipers there, how we will tell HIm of our love, how we will sit at His feet and sing our songs of love to Him.  But we don't have to wait. 

For years, if you are like I am, you have let your mind take you places in daydreams and wishes.  So how is it that when your spirit being guided by the Holy Spirit wants to take you into the presence of the Lord, your mind throws up a roadblock and says "this is not possible".  Why is it that what should come so natural, becomes impossible when you allow your mind to wrap around it?  Let your spirit man overcome the obstacles of the mind.  When the Holy Spirit invites you to "Come", then close your mind to all outside interferences and "go" with the Spirit.  Let the Holy Spirit take you into that place, into that "garden paradise" where you can walk with the Lord and talk with Him; where you can sing unto Him the songs that are bursting inside of you to flow up to Him.  Don't let your mind keep you from enjoying the presence of the Lord.  So often the things that are the easiest to do have nothing to do with the natural, it is spiritual.  Your spirit can and will become a place of refuge if you will let the Holy Spirit have complete control.

I love letting my spirit flow with the Holy Spirit when He calls me to "come".  Yes, I can see a few of you smiling, thinking that I am a foolish woman, maybe a little daft in my old age, but let me assure you there is nothing that will keep me from the presence of my Lord.  For those of you that prefer to keep you feet on the ground, so to speak, will never know the beauty of walking in a garden that is in full bloom of every flower that the Lord has made, colors unlike anything we have ever seen.  You will never know the sweet fragrance of the Saviors' love, or the press of His hand as He walks with you.  You will never know the melodious Voice that sings duet with you as you sing your songs to Him.  You will never know what true joy, uncontainable joy is.  I would ask of you, what have you got to lose, a little pride perhaps?  Let yourself be deemed foolish, if that is what you think this is; become a little foolish and let the Holy Spirit take you to a place that only you have read about, perhaps dreamed of going when you reach heaven.  It is attainable now.  That sweet presence of the Lord where you can sit down at His feet, feel His hand upon your shoulder, hear His voice tell you how much He loves you, how pleased and touched He is by your love and worship.  Close your eyes, shut your mind, open your spirit and ask the Lord's forgiveness for your doubting spirit, your closed mind.  Then ask the Holy Spirit to lead you to that place where you can have your one on one with the Most High God, our Lord.

Father, thank You for bringing me to that place where time after time I can share one on one time with my Lord.  Thank You that my mind is never stronger than what You will for me. I surrender my mind to Your Spirit to take and input what You will that I know, that I do.  I love You so.  I love my time with You, my special time alone, with You.

02-01-12

1 comment:

  1. Love your writings..excuse me, your "Pennings", Pat! and...I love Pat too, Pennings or no Pennings. They are just a fringe benefit of knowing you and you knowing Him! Thanks again, Pat Penn! Oh my, now Jenn will get a little slack!

    ReplyDelete