Friday, February 10, 2012

THE TENDERNESS OF GOD THE FATHER

Lamentations 3:30-32  (Message) "Don't run from trouble. Take it full-face. The 'worst' is never the worst.  Why?  Because the Master won't ever walk out and fail to return. If he works severly, he also works tenderly. His stockpiles of loyal love are immense."

My spirit was so reflective today.  I was thinking how very awesome, how Holy was our God.  How everything created was His creation.  No one else can take credit for anything made, in the heavenlies or on earth.  What a mighty God we serve!

Then I began to pray for some friends that so need the Lord's touch and some children that I know with cancer; asking the Lord to touch them, to heal them.  I began to thank the Holy Spirit for drawing me unto the Lord in such a precious relationship where I know I can just talk to Him and lay my concerns, my intercessions at His feet.  Then I was overcome by the sweet presence of the Lord and was touched by His tenderness, by the open tenderness of His heart.  What a beautiful relationship I have with my Lord; I know those of you that have this same relationship with Him, where you can feel the tenderness of His heart. 

So many teach of the God that created the earth and all that is within it, displaying His power and might.  Others teach of the "fear" of the Lord, not to be frightened of Him, although I know there are those that have need to be afraid of the God that is tiring of the meaningless cruelty that is displayed on earth by those who have no regard for the things of our God or for His children.  But the "fear" is a holy fear, a reverent fear of knowing that there is One that is above all else, our God that can at any moment bring such havoc down on earth and would definitely get the attention He deserves.  But that is not His way; at least not now; it could possibly be coming if the people of earth, especially the children of God, do not begin to live as the Lord desires them to....there will come a time when answers to behavior will have to be given to our Lord.  But with all the teachings that we hear these days, we don't often hear about the tenderness of God, the Father. 

Our Father, our wonderful Father, has such a tender heart for His children.  All through the Bible, even when He had to chastise His children, He did not have the heart to just leave them forever.  He would always return and draw them to Him, forgive their sins and be their Father again.  Time after time, He was taken advantage of, His love and mercy just treated like it were they that were so deserving instead of the God that loved them so.  All the thanks, all the love should have been given to the Lord, but so many just took Him for granted; and then just left Him again.

But for love, you and I probably would have never known life.  The Lord, our God, could have just destroyed earth and everyone on it, and that would have been that.  But for love.  The fact that our God, our Heavenly Father, has such a tender heart for each of His children.  I know His heart is so tender to me, for me, as I feel Him so often.  I can feel His heart just melt when my heart aches for my friends, my family.  When I am upset, I can tell He is upset.  When I am distressed, my Father reaches down and surrounds me with His love, with His sweetness, holding me until I am steady on my feet again.  Do you know the arms of the Father; do you know the sweet words from His heart, coming through the Holy Spirit, whispering to you that no matter what happened, He is with you and He will take care of you.  And then He tells me those sweet words that makes my heart heal with it's gentle balm...."I love you, dear one".  Those are His words for me, "dear one".  When it was confirmed to me that those were His words for me, that it is how He thinks of me, I began to limit my use of those words.  Those words became like priceless jewels to me.  So special, I love how He thinks of me.  His tender words so so precious, nothing can take the place of God the Father talking to His child.

The tender mercies of my Lord are new each morning.  Nothing that happened yesterday matters today, all of those things are far away and the grace and mercy of the Lord come pouring down each new day.  This could not be if our God was only a God of Power and Might; our God has qualities that astound the human thought.  He is Power, He is Might, He is Fire, He is Light, He is the Creator, the Majestic I Am....but He is also my Father, my Redeemer, my Portion, and He is the Lover of my Soul, who loves me with a tenderness that is indescribable, so precious.

Thank You, my God, my Father.  You know my heart tonight Lord, as I think of Your sweetness, Your tenderness to me today, each day.  I just want to praise You, it is what You made me to do, and I am humbled by the honor I have to worship You alone.

02-10-12

No comments:

Post a Comment