Sunday, February 12, 2012

"AND I, I WAS YOUNGER STILL"

1 Corinthians 11:24b  "This is my body, which is for you; do this in remembrance of me".

I was watching the news early this morning and of course, everyone was talking about Whitney Houston's death, how she was so young, only 48 years old.  So many people were saying sweet things about her and truly talking about her dying so young.  People spoke of how they remembered her and that her memory would always be fresh in their minds.   As I watched this, the Lord spoke into my spirit and said "And I, I was younger still".  I began to weep, as I realized that He was only what we consider about 33 years old.  I could feel the Lord's heart as He was hurting that this child, this child of His died so young. But the Lord spoke to me, saying, "I was so young when I died, in man years, and look how I am remembered"

How do you remember the Lord; how often.  So many, as the Lord told me, remember those who died in the years to come, on their birthdays and the anniversary of their death.  Those days are celebrated.  Then my Lord said: "That is when I am remembered by the majority of Christians".  It is true, sad to say, but our Lord is remembered mostly at Christmas, the time of His birth, and at Easter, the time of His death.  He walked this earth for so few years, ministered only a couple of years and then He was sacrificed for our sin, as an atonement, a complete atonement for our sin, for all sins, past, present and to come.  The finished work of sin's atonement, completed in the early years of our Lord's life.  And now, remembered by most twice a year.

As I wept, the Lord held me, and told me, "but for those who worship Me daily, who seek Me and run after Me, longing to be One with Me, those are the ones who hold My hand never forgeting Me, Who I am".    How true and how sad it is to know that there are children of God who do not have a special relationship with Him; that do not know what it is to walk daily with Him.  So many go to church and that is their time each week with the Lord, a couple of hours.  Habit, just what they are supposed to do on Sunday, perhaps there is more.  But for the most part, our Lord Jesus is only a Sunday type of remembrance.  When the Lord's Supper is observed at the churches, I feel so many Christians vow in themselves to worship, to thank the Lord daily, to live in Him, but then Monday comes, along with its trials, its oppressions and Jesus is forgotten.  When He should be remembered, He is forgotten, as the enemy comes in and successfully destroys those vows made the day before.  Then the week goes again, without remembering our Lord.....unless, He is needed for a miracle.  How would you like it if you were only called when someone needed you to do something for them that was impossible for them to achieve, so they called you.  Then after you help them, you were left alone again, until the next time....

"Do this, in remembrance of me."  I believe this extends to more than just the Lord's Supper. I believe, when we wake up in the morning...."Do this (awaken) in remembrance of me".  We wake up because of the blessings of the Lord, that we should live, and not perish.  Remember the Lord as you see the sunshine, the moon shining, the wind blowing, the rain falling.  Think of the Lord as you eat a meal, thanking Him for His provision.  As you drive to work, that you have a job that the Lord has given you, providing for you and your family.  Lift your voices in worship to the Lord, remembering His beautiful love for you that will never cease, His mercy, His grace upon your life.  Remember the Lord when a friend tells you how they love the friendship between you, for it is the Lord that has brought this friend into your life.  When you see someone standing on the side of the road in need, remember the Lord as you give to them, bless the Lord by caring for His children.  In remembrance of the Lord, let everyone see your love for Him, let all see Him living through you.

Sad, it is so sad, when we see someone, whether they are "in the spotlight" or just regular folks like me and you, when we see them die before what is consider their time.  It grieves the Lord.  But what grieves Him even more is to be forgotten by those He died to save; those that He died to free from bondage of all sin, of all the old laws, giving to each of us, life, life eternal, here and in Heaven.  Life in Him that is truly reserved for those that remember Him, each and every day.  Without the Lord in your daily life, you are not truly living the life that He died to give us.  He is the Life of each and every one truly called by His Name, a child of God, a living memorial to the Lord of Life, the King of kings, and the One who loves us with a passion.  He, our Lord Jesus, wants to be remembered on other days besides, His birthday......and His death.  He wants to live in our hearts where He is our first truly our one constant thought.  Jesus....Jesus...He lives within my heart.

02-12-12

No comments:

Post a Comment