Tuesday, February 14, 2012

JUST ANOTHER DAY

"Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor My covenant of peace be removed.  I chose you and set My affection on you because I love you. Know therefore that I am the Lord Your God. I am a faithful God and I will keep My covenant of love to a thousand generations of those who love Me and keep My commandments." (Paraphrased from Deuteromony 7:12,13 from Daily Declarations for Spiritual Warfare)

Just another day.  I decided not to pay too much attention about it being one of the "heart" days.  I have always advised young men getting ready to get married that they could forget a lot of days, but two were very important as they are heart days....Valentines Day and wedding anniversaries.  Those were days that mean a sharing of love between a man and a woman. Special days that needed to be remembered.  Robert always had something special for me, bringing me flowers when He could still shop and then when he could no longer enjoy getting out to the stores, he had a place where he ordered gifts for me, only to want me to open them before that special day.  He could hardly wait to see my face when I opened his gifts.  But that is no more, I only have memories, sweet memories.  So, just another day.  I would just go about my day and not think of love, sweethearts, all that stuff.

Went to Sam's on my lunch time, just needing a few things.  I always take a little time to browse the Christian books they have, any Bibles I may not have, anything that the Lord might put a little light on for me to pick up.  Well, He did put a light on this little daily devotional entitled "Daily Declarations for Spiritual Warfare".  I looked at a few pages and thought it would be a nice addition to the other three I read each morning. So I bought it.  When I got in the car, I decided to read today's declaration and it began with what I wrote at the beginning.  I began to cry, sitting in the parking lot at Sams, as my heart grew so tender, so open before my Lord. 

My Lord was determined that this would not just be another day.  He wanted me to know that I was not alone, I was not forgotten, I was special.  The Lord wanted me to realize that He loved me with such affection, so much that He wanted me to remember His covenant with me.  His peace will always be upon me; His provision will never end, and His love will keep me unto Himself forever.  I will be blessed each day, coming in, going out, whatever I put my hand to in His Name; whatever He leads me to do will be blessed as I follow Him each day.  He has a plan for me that is going to bless me, a plan that will give me great joy as I worship Him, as I witness of His Goodness to those around me.  I will be a woman of great joy and peace and He will see that all that oppose me, will be defeated.  He will keep me in beautiful health.  I am His beloved and He is not going to let me ever have what I thought was "just another day".  He wants every one of my days to be special, He wants me to know that I am loved with a consuming love, His passionate love for me.  He wants me never to forget His great love that will never end, never cease to be able to touch my heart, to make my heart tender and open before Him.

02-14-12

No comments:

Post a Comment