Sunday, February 19, 2012

THE JOURNEY

Luke 9:3  "And He said to them, "Take nothing for the journey, neither staffs nor bag, nor bread, nor money, and do not have two tunics apiece."

As I was sitting in church this morning, the Lord spoke distinctively to me.  You are on a journey; I knew I was to write about this.  Then He spoke more to me and I saw it would be sort of a series of writings that He was giving me.  So good is the Lord, so faithful.  I cannot explain how or why He has chosen me to write, I just know that when He gives, as long as He gives His words to me, I will be His servant and write what He gives; I will share it where He says to share.  He did not make me wait long for confirmation, for the pastor ended his sermon talking of a journey.  Thank You, Father, for Your words to me.   Now, the journey....

My journey began some months ago, actually almost one and a half years ago.  So many of you know the story so I won't retell it except to say that from the moment the Lord began my journey, I have never had any doubt it was called and inspired by Him.  He made the arrangements and set the journey in motion.  You know it is a God called journey when everything He said to do, He moves things in place to make it possible.  And don't bother thinking when you know it will begin, as it will begin in His time, in God's perfect time.  I will skip ahead to what He told me about the journey this morning.

When you take a walk, it is usually a predetermined time and place.  It has a destination, the walk usually has a time limit and a return.  A journey is so different.  A journey with God begins when you place your complete trust in Him.  As He instructs you just follow, you go, knowing that He is there with you, there is no fear of the unknown.....and there will be a lot of unknowns.  The only thing that is necessary to take is your trust in Him alone.  Along the journey, there will be things that happen for God's purposes; resulting in glorifying Him.  You will have obstacles in the way from time to time....do not let these things dismay you as the Lord is watching to see how you approach these obstacles.  He is watching to see what your first thoughts are....do you try to do things in the natural or do you call to Him for His help, to ask for His intervention in this blockade.  It is the first of many tests that will occur on the journey.  When you rightfully ask Him for His help, don't be shy and for goodness sake, don't be prideful, it so pleases the Lord when you admit this is hard and you cannot do it without Him, that you need Him each step of the way.  Admiting we have no control over obstacles that come into our life is an important step in our relationship with our Father.

As you travel along this journey, pray, continually pray.  Just keep an ongoing converstion with the Lord.  You will find that He has a lot to tell you when you give Him your complete attention.  This is basically my daily prayer, this converstion that I keep with Him.  I talk to Him knowing He is right next to me....you don't have to see Him to know He is there, you will feel His presence.

You knew this was coming next, didn't you?  Worship.  Let worship become breath to you.  As you breath in the freshness of the air that the Lord puts around you, that fragrant air filled with His love, sing out songs of thanksgiving to Him.  Sing of your love for His Name, sing of the glory that fills the skies when you look up toward His throne.  Worship with your whole heart, from deep within your soul, let the Holy Spirit lead you in spiritual songs, songs of deep, soulful cries of adoration for God, the Lover of your soul.  He loves You so.  Lord, I know You love me.  I feel Your presence as I write, my heart sings out to You, loving You, adoring You.  Hear my words of love to You, my God, listen as I praise You.

As a walk usually comes to an end, the journey. as long as you let the Lord lead you, will not end until one day you are standing in front of His throne.  What delight knowing that the Lord knows where my journey will end.  I don't need to know what each turn and bend will be like, I just have to know that the Lord is with me.  I know that things will happen along this journey to develop my character; to strengthen my faith in Him; and to give me witness of His grace and His mercy.  As He continues to fill me with His mercy, daily renewing my strength, I am restored to a new level with Him.  I can see clearer each day the new direction for that part of the journey.  My Lord is never short on mercy, He never ceases to bless me with all my needs, my body glows with health and my heart is filled with the joy of my Lord.

I love You Lord, and I thank You that You have chosen me for this journey....How blessed I am to know that I am Your child and Your beloved, dear one......Hold my hand, Lord.....I am ready to continue the journey.....

02-19-12

No comments:

Post a Comment