Monday, February 20, 2012

THE FEET OF THOSE WHO GO (The Journey, Part 2)

Isaiah 52:7 "How beautiful on the mountains are the feet of those who bring good news, who proclaim peace, who bring good tidings, who proclaim salvation, who say to Zion, "Your God reigns!".

For a long time, I have been aware of the fact that "not everyone who is called, goes...and not everyone who goes, is called".  I also know that when the Lord calls you to begin a journey with Him, not everyone will go.  There are a lot of reasons why some do not want to step out on a journey with the Lord.....uncertainly, fear, family.  I know there was a lot thrown at me when the Lord called me to journey with Him.  When He told me I was to move to the Dallas area, the enemy had a field day with me.  First he approached me with the weather, making sure I was aware of the difference in what 250 miles could be like in weather.  I heard tornados, hail, snow, ice.  Well, I am from the Gulf area, lived there most of my life and I know what hurricanes are and how they product tornadoes.  Have driven in snow and ice, and hail occurs everywhere it storms.  So he couldn't get me there.  Then he decided to put guilt on me for the duties, the things I did at the church I attended.  That got me for a while until the Lord told me that that was not my concern, He was calling me, He would take care of those things.  And He did, beautifully.  Then He began to move everything in His power, in His strength.  I knew He was in everything.  But so many people cannot get past those things that are brought up to them.  It takes trust, unfailing trust in the Lord, knowing that if you just trust Him, He will make everything right for the journey.  Family, friends, weather, housing, finances....He is unlimited in His Power and His resources to take care of all things.

Those who step out in faith with the Lord, who begin their journey....their feet will be blessed.  The feet of those walking on a journey with the Lord will travel in many places, in many manners...it could be that the journey is only in your hometown, where you are already.  The Lord does not necessarily move you to put you on a journey.  A journey is a life in the Lord.  A stepping out to do what He leads you to do, whether it is at home, in your town, or moving to a different location.  It is a leap of faith in doing His will, giving His message to those He sends to you or that He sends you to. 

When you become born again in the Lord, when your sins are forgiven, grace has been poured over you and mercy renews you daily, the Holy Spirit dwells within you.  EVERY PLACE your feet touch, that you walk, becomes Holy Ground as the Lord is with you.  Where you stand is Holy Ground.  Your body, your heart and soul become Holy Ground.  As often as we sing the song Holy Ground, so often we think it is where Jesus will walk, where He will stand....but He lives in each of us.  Where we are is Holy Ground.  The feet of those that journey with the Lord, constantly are on Holy Ground. 

Our Lord annoints His children to do the work He has called them to.  He does not call us then abandon us.  He gives us each day, the necessary grace and strength we need for that day.  The next day, He gives again.  His annointing flows through us as we share His Word, as we share His love and mercy with others.  The love we show others, the love that He has placed in our hearts for those around us, leaves us and flows into them with the annointing of the Lord.  Those words are there to touch their hearts, drawing them to the Lord, giving them access to the Father, to His presence.

The feet of those who go....how blessed are those who will trust, who will obey, and who will step out to spread the good news of the love of Jesus; who will show His peace that is in their hearts.  Showing is so much stronger than telling.  People tend to believe what they see.  They will see if you truly have God's peace...and if you are His child, it is there in you, for He has given it to all of us.  Let the words of our mouths be constantly a cry of joy, of victory, as we proclaim to all that Our God Reigns.  That He lives, that He will come again, and He will never forsake us.   

02-20-12

No comments:

Post a Comment