Thursday, February 2, 2012

OF WHAT WILL I FEAR?

Hebrews 13:6 "So we say with confidence, "The Lord is my helper, I will not be afraid. What can man do to me?"

There has been such a joy in the peace that I have found in my Lord.  I can remember just a year or so ago that simply driving down the interstate in the traffic would have my hands gripping the steering wheel so tightly that my hands would become numb.  I would arrange my driving time around rush hours so I would  not have to put myself in heavy traffic.  Now I get on the interstae to drive home, some nights the traffic is so heavy and I am driving at night......piece of cake.  Most times, I am in another world just worshiping the Lord, or just visiting with Him, talking over my day, or simply just listening to His heart beat as I feel so near Him.

Work can be, as probably yours is also, very stressful, very difficult at times.  Goals not met, more work piled on, reports to do, so much and then so much more.  I sometimes feel the old tendencies arise wanting to let myself fall into stress, fear, doubt.  The enemy will use every little thing that comes in our day to draw us into a situation where we began to slip into old habits....but God.  My Magnificent Father, how prccious You are to me.  Your sweet Holy Spirit knows just when I need that hand, that touch, that draws me back, that soft word that reminds me of who I am, of Whom I belong, of Who my Father is, Who my provider is.  Today, Lord, as I listened to my boss, as I listened to what type of conversation we were going to have next week; like the enemy was going to give me something to fear, something to lose sleep over; I just listened and knew that all I could do was my best, and give myself to the Lord for His peace over it all.  It is a job, my God is my life. 

It is all about my Lord.  I am only a part in the whole scheme of things, and my part is to glorify Him. If I do anything in my life at all, anything that will amount to significance, it will be that I lived my life to glorify the Lord.  I want to give glory to the One who has given so much to me, for me.  He gave His life, I give mine back to Him.  When I think of His sacrifice; when I think of how He has waited for my to come to this time in my life, a time that should have been from the beginning of when I came to Him so much younger; how He has waited for me to come full circle back to Him, loving me, never letting me go, protecting me, forgiving me, freeing me; there are no words for how much I love my Lord.  I love You seems so inadequate at times, and yet I know He loves to hear those words, I tell Him so many times a day and when my own thoughts would think He would tire of hearing it, my heart, my spirit tell me that He never tires of hearing those heartfelt words; He never stops loving my worship and praise to Him, He loves me, He loves me.

There is nothing that this earth can do to stop my loving, my worshiping my Lord.  No man, no woman, nothing can cause my praise to cease.  I will praise, I will worship, I will witness, I will live my life like a beacon of His Light, showing and telling others of His great mercy, His grace and His love.  I have to do this, I cannot do anything other than worship Him.  Do you have that urgency in your spirit, that need, I guess you could say, almost an addiction to worship the Lord.  I am addicted to my Lord God.  I need Him every hour, every minute of every day.  I do not want to take a breath if I cannot know He is mine, that He loves me, that I belong to Him.  O my Lord God, You know my heart, You know how much I adore You.

Pure peace is mine
Pure peace I've found
No man will I fear
For my Lord is near.

If this is not the blessed life
I do not want to know
For this is the desire of my heart
To be with the Lord.

Pure peace is mine
Holy Spirit keep me near
The presence of my Father
In His arms, so precious, so dear.

02-02-12

No comments:

Post a Comment