Tuesday, January 31, 2012

I GIVE YOU THANKS, O LORD, MY GOD

Psalm 50:14  "Let the giving of thanks be your sacrifice to God, and give the Almighty all that you promised."

Father, tonight as I drove home, all I could do was thank You for Your goodness to me this day.  Had it not been for Your touch on me as the day wore on, the hour growing later, I would have not been able to stand.  Weariness began to set in and still there were more people.  It seemed as one would get out of a chair another would fill that place.  It was such a good thing, but even good things can make you tired.  But You, O Lord, You never left my side, helping me keep that freshness so each person could feel that peace and joy, those words that would make each feel special.  There was only one moment that I felt some irritation beginning to rise, and then I realized that this one also, was probably more tired than I, and Your sweetness returned through me.  Give her what she needed this night Lord, give her sweet rest in You.

There is never a time that You, my Lord, should not receive thanksgiving from Your children.  What have we to give You, Father, if not thanks from our hearts; thanks for the very blessed lives we have in You.  When I see Christians complaining about their lifes, I know it grieves You, Lord.  Forgive them, Lord, forgive me, also, as I know I am guilty of this at times.  I have no business in that place. Forgive me, my Lord.  You have given me so much to be thankful for.  I know I have nothing to give You other than my love, my adoration, and my worship.  I will always worship You my Lord.  Giving glory to Your Name gives me such joy.  The beauty of Your holiness is all I seek.  I love You so much.  Thanksgiving for the blessings of my day, each day, poured out from Your throne room to me, should be rising right back to You.  Sweet Holy Spirit, always keep me mindful of the beautiful blessings that flow to me constantly.  Let me never take for granted the kindness and love of my Lord. 

O Lord, to You, I will always be grateful.  I will praise You with all that is in me, for You are so good to me.  Your mercy reaches down to me, new each day, restoring that part of me that has bottomed out in weariness, in pain, and in sin.  Cleanse me Lord, for as hard as I try, I know I fall short in my daily activities.  I need You, Lord, I need You.  Let me cling to You Lord, each day, as I know no other way to go, but with You.  Let me live in Your sweet presence each moment; cleanse me, Holy Spirit, with the precious blood of Jesus so I may never be turned away from my Lord's presence.  This is my desire. 

My Lord, for all You are, for everything You have become to me, for Your precious love for me, I give You thanks, O Lord, my God!

01-31-12

No comments:

Post a Comment