Friday, January 20, 2012

ULTIMATE QUALITY OF WORSHIP

John 4:23-24   (Message) "But the time is coming, it has, in fact, come, when what you're called will not matter and where you go to worship will not matter.  It's who you are and the way you live that count before God. Your worship must engage your spirit in the pursuit of truth. That's the kind of people the Father is out looking for: those who are simply and honestly themselves before him in their worship. God is sheer being itself—Spirit. Those who worship him must do it out of their very being, their spirits, their true selves, in adoration."

The other night, I was watching; well to be honest, I was channel surfing through the Christian channels on TV, stopping on them long enough to see if the Holy Spirit would draw me there for the worship or the message.  I saw some churches with huge choirs and orchestras; their music was beautiful, flawless, at least I thought so.  But when I looked at the faces of the ones in the choir, I saw what I was not hearing.  I saw that the worship and praise was just songs being sung.  There was little joy on the faces of so many, I wondered if they were paid to sing. I know this sounds harsh, but when you are worshiping the Lord, there is a look of the faces of those that sing out of their hearts and spirits that will draw you instantly into their worship.  That is the kind of worship that is desired by those that love the Lord and it is the kind of worship that He deserves, that worship that will touch His heart.

Have you ever watched the Gaither family reunions, the ones where all the family and friends are gathered together?  They are having such a time in the Lord and when they begin to sing.... when they begin to sing you can see the song turn into worship as they look to the Lord and can see Him in their spiritual eyes.  There is joy on their faces, so many with tears in their eyes, as they touch the heart of God and He touches them right back.

When I visited Destiny the first time I was drawn into the worship by the hearts of those singing their heart felt songs for the Lord.  They did not just sing a couple of verses and stop to go on to another, they sang their worship unto the Lord until they knew it had reached Heaven's gate, and did not stop until they felt the flow of the beautiful presence of the Lord all around.  It is like that each time I go.  You can walk into the back door of the church and feel the difference, the presence of the Lord, as if He is waiting for the worship to begin, for He knows that it is coming from hearts and He loves it so.  I have felt this in several of the churches I have attended.  You just know that the Lord will be present for He cannot stay away from His people worshiping from their hearts and souls.  It is the ultimate quality of worship.

Then there is your private worship.  How the Lord loves to hear the quietest voice, the one that doesn't think they can sing, but love the Lord so deeply they have to sing out their worship to Him.  If they only knew what He hears, it is like the grandest singer on earth singing when that voice reaches up to Him, worshiping as only those who love the Lord so longingly know how.  What a beautiful tribute and love offering to our Lord, when you worship Him in your private devotion times, or when you are driving to work, doing your housework, just giving Him your devotion and love, sharing your day with Him, knowing that anything you are doing you just want to have the Lord there with you.  Ultimate quality worship, the Lord loves this.

The worship that comes from the one who does not know how they will make ends meet, or the one that is undergoing serious health problems, the widow who is now alone; these hearts that love the Lord passionately and nothing this earth can bring will take them from worshiping the Lord.  The Lord is their life, their heart's desire and nothing will stop that beautiful, ultimate quality worship that they must give to God, their Strength and Salvation, their Peace, their Joy.

Jesus, Jesus, Jesus, sweetest Name I know.  Lord, let my song reveal the love in my heart, the desires of my soul to be one with You.  Draw me close to You, my Lord, as I seek to please only You.  Let me come into Your presence, as I worship You with all my heart.  I love being Your worshiper, Lord.  You could listen to the greatest singers in the world and yet you choose to let me sing for You.  I can feel Your heart as I worship You, my Lord, so joyful as You hear Your child's song to You.  My God, how I love You.  I so desire to express my love for You in just what is pleasing to You.  In beauty of song that comes from my heart, in spirit that is longing to be one with You, and with a love that cannot be equaled, producing the ultimate quality of worship.

01-20-12

No comments:

Post a Comment