Friday, January 27, 2012

THE SHINING LIGHT

Matthew 5:16  "Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven."

Today, I received a hug from God.  I had a new customer and as I worked with her, explaining all the details, what she needed to know, we visited a little, so I could get to know her a bit and so she could develop a trust in me.  It is very important to let people develop trust in who you are.  They need to know that they can depend that what you tell them is true, that trust means they can do business with you in confidence.  WOW!  Now I see, Father, how it is that we are discussing this tonight.  I see why this happened to day, all so I could go here.

Developing trust is a very important thing in any relationship, whether it is personal, business or as in the matter of what the Father wants to bring here, spiritual trust.  Developing trust in Him, your Father in heaven.  As I visited with this new customer getting to know her.....yes, my Lord, I see what You mean here.  If we are to get to know our Father in heaven, truly know who our Lord is, and what He wants to be to us, in us, it is important to spend time with Him.  Trust doesn't come just by reading the scriptures.  That is an important part, to know what the Lord has said, how it pertains to us and exactly what His promises are to us.  But it will not come to life in us unless we spend time with the Author of the Book.  If we just read the Word and not spend time letting that Word get into our spirits, not letting the Holy Spirit develop the Word into our minds, into our hearts, real time, here, spent in soaking in the Word, letting it's beauty get into our spirits; well it will just be words that, once again, will not mean anything to you.  Once again, you will read and wonder what it could possible mean to your life.  But when you will spend time in the Word, spend time with the Father; that is where the Word comes to life, where those words of encouragement, those stories written there will begin to reflect happenings in your life, showing you how to apply them to your situations.

When you will take the time to worship the Lord, sing songs to Him, talk to Him; He is not galaxies away from you, He is right there, where ever you are, so is He.  He has given us His Holy Spirit to dwell in us so that when needed, the Lord is right there, with each of us.  He draws from us the love and adoration of the Father; the Holy Spirit knows just what will attract the Father's attention and bring Him to us; and the Holy Spirit will lead you there, if He sees you truly want to visit with the Father, want to spend time with Him.  I am alone at home and have time home to spend with my Lord, time perhaps others don't always have.  But some of my favorite times to be with my Lord is when I am driving to and from work.  Just going down the highway, singing my songs to Him, talking with Him; I know He loves this time as much as I do.  Such special time, it goes so quickly as I am not concerned or worried about traffic, it just flows along with me as I flow along with my Father.  Real time, His time, my delight.

Getting back to my customer.  As we finished up our transaction, I said something about the beautiful day and how blessed I was by it.  She told me that it was so wonderful to talk to someone that talked about being blessed by the Lord.  She said she doesn't hear that often.  She told me where she went to church and it led to a little more conversation.  She told me that when she came in and I was waiting on a gentlemen, she saw how I smiled and was so happy, and she was knew I was a person she would like.  Isn't it wonderful how being of the Lord attracts like spirits.  So we talked a little more and she went to leave and turned and asked me if she could hug me.  That is my hug from the Lord.  It was as if He was telling me, "Well done, my child, well done", and had the lady give me a hug from Him.

Getting acquainted, so important in a trusting relationship.  You must spend time with the Lord if you are going to be able to trust Him.....and if He is going to be able to trust you.  That works both ways. How can the Lord know if He can trust us if we never spend any quality time with him.  We can go to church three or four times or so a week, but if we never spend quality time, that time we reserve just for Him and ourselves, how is He to know if He can trust you to do a work He may need to give you instantly.  Or to know if you can carry out an assignment He needs to send to one of His children to help someone.  So trust, the kind that only comes from time spent together, is necessary for our walk, our work with the Lord.

Well, you can see from the title of this that what I thought I would be writing more about, has once again been changed once I got into it.  I never know where the Lord is going to lead when He has me begin.  The only important thing is that it leads where He wants it to go, that it reaches those whom He knows need to read this, and that it draws all to His Light, to give Him glory and honor.

01-27-12

No comments:

Post a Comment