Monday, January 2, 2012

THE LYING ACCUSER OF BETRAYAL

Revelation 12:10  "Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, "Now salvation and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethern, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down."

The Lord began to speak to me about betrayal today.  I believe it is because I have been feeling like I was a betrayer lately, to Robert.  You see, days go by, it seems and I don't think of him.  But my thoughts are always on my Lord, on Jesus.  I am so in love with my Savior, He fills my every thought.  But then I look up, and there is Robert's picture staring at me and I stop and think, "I have not thought about you today, or yesterday".  Then the feelings of my betraying him begin to overwhelm me.  I begin to feel guilty that I am happy and at peace, that I am enjoying my home here and laughing, enjoying the life that the Lord has made for me.  It takes me so down in spirit.  Then the Holy Spirit begins to speak to me, to remind me that my Lord has set me free from such thoughts, such accusations, such guilt.  And He has, thank You, Lord.  I know Robert is delighted that I am at such peace and happy.  He had such a hard time with me having to do everything around the house and take care of him.  I loved doing for him, but there was that enemy again, using circumstances to accuse him.  But it takes time and faith, trust in the Word of the Lord to get past the lies of the enemy.  I am not betraying my husband by being happy.....he is wonderfully happy, now with the Lord and Peter.  I know he and Peter are big friends.

But this is not just about me.  The Lord showed me how children are made to feel like betrayers; when their parents divorce or separate, they are made to feel like they are betraying the injured parent, the one left at home, if they continue a relationship with the other parent.  Many times the parents don't say anything about the other, but the enemy uses this to wedge children, even adult children, from one parent.  This causes such unnecessary pain to both child and parents.  Parents need to assure their children that they need to have the relationship with both.  When I was about 13 my daddy's father came back to town. He had left when my daddy was about 10 years old. He worked for the railroad and just got on the train one day and left town.  My grandmother had four boys and it was a struggle but she made a good life for them.  And then, one day, he was back.  After thirty something years. It was really hard on all, but he actually lived with us for a few weeks until he got a place of his own.  I can remember not ever wanting to go visit him, even when I was out of school and working.  He would call and ask us to come and visit him, he lived in the same town, but I just had the hardest time doing it. I felt like I was betraying my grandmother.  She would ask me if I had visited him and when I would tell her no, she would fuss at me and tell me I needed to go visit him. That she wanted me to. And she did, she was the most beautiful, sweet hearted woman.  But....I would  not.  Then he died.  And the enemy, since betrayal was out of the picture, fed guilt to me.  I could have been visiting, free in the Lord to do so, without guilt, but I did not know these things then. 

Parents lose a child and go through a sense of betrayal if they go through a day or two without feeling the grief of losing this child.  Time goes by and the accuser tries to make them feel that they must mourn each day for the rest of their life.  He uses this one on widows and widowers also.  Anything to keep them from knowing the joy of the Lord that is waiting for them.  The Lord wishes us to always love and remember those that we have lost, but not to stop living as they did.  What a shame to lose a loved one and then to lose your own life in a living death.  The Lord wants us to live our lives to the fullest in Him and we cannot do that if we are under the lie of betrayal.  We are actually betraying ourselves by listening to the lies of the enemy. That satan can keep his finger out there just a-pointing one thing or another at us unless we let the Lord give us that freedom in Him, the peace that we do not need to feel betrayal, or guilt in our lives. We just need to give it to Him and let Him give us the life that He made us to enjoy. We need to read the Word of God to see that He desires us to move forward, not to live in yesteryear but in today and tomorrow in His promises, His plan for our lives.

I lay all guilt, feelings of betrayal aside dear Lord and I put my faith and trust in You.  I will enjoy each day of my life as You direct me, lead me and strengthen me.  I will know You are my Father, my Lord and You rule over me, not satan or his lies.  I will reject all condemnation, all accusations that come at me in Your Name.  I will run to You with any and all of these things and lay them at the foot of the cross of my Savior, and receive Your peace and comfort.  I will rest in Your love for me, as I know it is unconditional and forever.

01-02-12

No comments:

Post a Comment