Saturday, January 7, 2012

SATISFYING NOURISHMENT

Matthew 6:11  "Give us this day our daily bread."

My Lord, each day I end my morning prayers to You with "give me this day, my Daily Bread".  I know for certain that my true source of supply comes from You.  My Daily Bread is my Lord Jesus.  There is no other source of nourishment that will give my body, my soul, my spirit what is needed for the day.  Each day, the strain of work, travel, people we deal with, to say nothing of dodging the arrows of the enemy, the constant attacks on our mind, on our body; all these are like draining the important electrolytes out of the body.  You, my Lord, are the important element that supplies me with strength, peace and joy.  You are the only One that can do this for me.  There is no one but You, my Lord that can give total peace and joy that will sustain me throughout my day.  No matter what is going on around me, no matter how crazy it gets, I know all I have to do is keep my mind on You, on Your promise to never leave me, never forsake me, and I can get through my day with joy.

You have fed Your children all through time, Lord.  So many times, the manna You sent was complained about, even though it was far superior to any food that was available for them to eat.  And then, Father, when You sent the most precious Manna to earth, the true Source of life giving food, He was rejected by so many.  They refused to eat of the Bread that would give them the most satisfying nourishment, the everlasting life; they refused.  What is so grievous Lord, is that so many are rejecting what You offer them still.  The Bread of Life, available for all, is still being rejected, still turned down.  I don't know Lord, I don't know how they enjoy the life that they have without You.  And You love them all, anyway.  You still wait, ready to receive any who will repent of their sin, and turn to You.  You are ready to forgive them and encircle them in Your arms with Your love and mercy.  You grace will flow over them.  Father, You just wait and gently call them, sweetly wooing them to You with Your love, with Your sweet love.  He is calling you now.....listen....don't make Him wait.

My Lord, how I thank You for my life. I thank You for the daily flow of manna from heaven to feed me.  Thank You for feeding my body, my soul and my spirit each day with Your Word; thank You for illuminating the scriptures so I can see, really see what You are saying to me.  Thank You for the Living Water that You pour into me, a continual flow of Your living water, healing waters.  I love You my Lord.  I thank You that I can partake of the manna of heaven, that I know You provide for me each day, my Daily Bread.  I am so satisified in You my King.  I love You so.

01-07-12

No comments:

Post a Comment