Tuesday, January 3, 2012

STUDENT OF THE MOST HIGH

Job 6:24  "Teach me, and I will hold my tongue; cause me to understand wherein I have erred."

Everyday it seems that I learn something new from my Lord.  The lessons extend from very basic things, like remembering that He is always with me, to the more complicated of what He expects of me.  My mind thinks I know what He expects, but just when I begin to think this, He shows me something different that what I was thinking.  I don't know if I ever will know all of my Lord, but I so want to have Him teach me the things He wants me to learn.  One day, when I see my Lord, face to face, He has assured me that it will all make perfect sense.  Until then, I am His apt student.

Here I sit, Lord, I am waiting.  I know You are leading me to a place with this, but I can't see where it is going. My Lord, there is no one else like You.  I find that even in the wait, for those things of You, there is no one else I would want to wait on.  In the waiting for You, there is peace, there is expectation, for I know that the things that You will show me will lead me closer to You, bring me to a deeper understanding of Your Word, draw me into a more intimate relationship with You.  So often, we tend to rush ahead, to hurry through our day, trying to get from rise to set so fast we forget and fail to see the things our Lord has for us in the day.  The day might be very stressful at work, be a day you don't want to repeat, or it may be a day that was really good.  But in the day, there were things to learn, things to remember, things that will be a help in the days to come.  Oh, Lord, You are so good to me; I see now, I see.  In the wait.  If we will just take the time each day to wait on the Lord; to wait in His presence, listen for His voice.  If in the wait, we will lift our hearts and voices to worship Him quietly, sing a new song to Him from our spirits, just give unto Him the worship He is due, give Him the sweet love He so desires to receive from us all.  How awesome to know that the Most High God desires  my love, my time spent with Him.  I know He wants us to know how He loves the times we give to Him, the time that we leave the world behind and just desire to be with Him.  That alone makes me stop what I am doing during the day and spend a few quiet minutes with Him, while at work, just to give Him my love and adoration, and in doing so, He gives unto me, His beautiful peace and strength, filling my heart with joy.  The Most High wants to spend His time with us.  Can that just sink into your spirit, into you soul.  It is in those precious moments that He teaches me so much.  I get so much understanding at these times. I believe it is because I chose to be with Him, I go in search of Him to spend time with Him and He loves that I do this.  I call unto Him, I call Him to draw me to Him, to let me come into His presence. And He loves it.  He loves it. 

At one time I thought I was being disrespectful to talk like this or feel this way.  Such a lie of the enemy. The Lord loves that we seek Him out, that we honor Him, adoring Him with our words, our songs of worship.  I believe the Lord wants me to know Him, to know what He likes us to do, how He wants us to be so close to Him that we can speak like this of Him.  See, this is what is intimacy of the highest form.  That we know the Lord so well that we can speak to Him and know He is there; we can speak of Him and to Him in words of love, of desire, of need of Him.  All obtained in the wait.  As we wait on Him, to give Him ourselves, He pours into us His precious.....I have no words to describe the feeling that I get when the Lord just pours Himsef into me, all the words I can think of just do not adequately describe the feeling.  I just know that I will wait on my Lord for the rest of my life, just to be drawn into His arms and be taught His Word, as only He can teach It.  How can you compare lessons from the Most High with anything you can learn from earthly teachings.  There is no comparison. 

My Lord, thank You.  I understand why I was waiting; so You could show me what was available to me during the wait, in the wait.  I wait on You my Lord.  Let me be Your student always.  Teach me Your ways, teach me Your desires; teach me Your heart.  Your heart, my Lord, my heart.  Let my heart be entwined with Yours.

01-03-12

No comments:

Post a Comment