Sunday, December 18, 2011

UNDER HIS CARE

Psalm 95:7  "For He is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care."

As I was reading this scripture, the Lord showed me something so true of His children.  If we go to a doctor, we are considered under the doctor's care.  And a lot of doctors if you don't follow their instructions, do what they tell you to do, then they will just not mess with you, you can go to another doctor.  So like it is expected we follow what the doctor tells us to do.

But the Word specifically tells us that we are the people of God's pasture and we are under His care.  What does that imply to you?  It definitely tells me that we should be following His instructions, that we should be doing what He gives us in the Word to live by, instructions for healthy, prosperous living. Living the life that our Father designed for us to live.  But how often do we follow these instructions.  How often do we just follow a while and decide well, I don't think this is working, or we get impatient for God's plan and just decide to do our own thing again.  The results are sicker bodies, sicker minds, sicker spirits, misery upon misery.  Wondering why we are having such a hard time, we tend to complain to the Lord and never think that if  we would have just followed His instructions, this would have not happened.

What, also, if the Lord, after seeing you just ignore His instructions, what if He just told you to go somewhere else, that if you did not want to do what He said, He was done with you.  We would be in a real mess.  But You O Lord, are our God and Father and You continue to call to us, time after time, to come to You.  You never give up on us, You  keep calling us to come to You when we need healing, when we need comfort, when we need rest.  Your love never fails us, You never leave us.

Father, take my hand, let me follow after You and keep to Your commands for me.  Let me not waver and complain.  Let me know that if I don't see the results when I think they should be there, that I must keep my faith and my trust in You alone, let me know You are always working in me and on my behalf to bring about the desired results that will glorify You alone.

I thank You Lord, that You are my Great Physician, and that I am always under Your care, that You care so deeply for me. 

12-18-11

1 comment:

  1. I love you, Pat!...in case I haven't told you lately...I don't think that I've told you "that" lately! The old "chat days" line. Well, I do. I also love your "Pennings", Pat

    ReplyDelete