Friday, December 9, 2011

COMMUNION SHARED

Mark 14:23  "Then he took the cup, gave thanks and offered it to them, and they all drank from it."

Tonight I went to a special Christmas service, wonderful carols, beautiful worship to the Lord.  At the end of the service a time of ministry was shared, followed by communion.  A time of reflection, thinking on the birth of Christ, our Lord, who was born to die, and on the last supper He shared with His disciples, and the communion shared.

No one was denied the taking of communtion, even Judas was not omitted.  The Lord took the cup, gave thanks.....He gave thanks to His Father, knowing that this was His last supper, that He would soon be the sacrifice for the sin of all mankind.  But He gave thanks anyway.  I find this the example for us all, to be thankful no matter what the day, what the morrow may bring.  Perfect trust, just thanking the Father for the cup, the plan for Him; just as we should thank Him for the plan for ourselves.  The cup, symbolizing the plan of the Father.  Then our Lord offered it to all that were there, and the guilty of heart and the innocent drank from it together.  I believe when we take communion it is a time of renewing; our Lord's covenant with us, and our commitment to Him.  Our rededication of our lives to the will of the Father, giving of our hearts totally to HIm.  The guilty heart is once again offered cleansing, another chance.  Our Lord is the God of second chances.  He turns no one away.  When you think of what Judas did, let us not get pious, for how many times have we chosen the world over our Lord, chosen to deny His holiness and authority.....and yet, when we repented, our gracious Lord received us to Himself again.

No one denied access to the Father.  No one ever denied when their repentitive heart comes back to the Lord.  They are received with open arms, with love and mercy.  Thank You Lord, for that which you gave to me, when I returned, my brokenness before You.  I was shown so much mercy, so much love and grace.  My God, I will never forget how You held me and told me I was Yours and You were mine.  You offered the cup to me, once again, sharing all that was given to You, You shared with me.

I thank You my Lord for Your communion shared with me, with all who will come before You, hearts open, asking You in, denying of self and glorifying Your Holy Name.  Thank You for never denying me.  I love You with all my heart.  Thank You for the example You showed to give ourselves totally to the cup offered by our Father.  The cup that is held in His hand and extended to all who chose to be only His.

12-09-11

No comments:

Post a Comment