Friday, December 16, 2011

CHILD OF THE KING

Matthew 2:11  "And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh."

How wonderful to have been in the presence, in the beautiful presence of the young Child with these kings.  They knew instantly that this was Royalty at its highest.  They knew there was no one above Him, and they fell to their knees and worshiped Him.  They opened their treasures.  They presented gifts to Him.

Well, I am not a king, but I am a child of the King.  And as I was reading these scriptures, the Holy Spirit opened them up for me.  Like the kings that opened their treasures, the Holy Spirit told me my treasure was my heart.  And as I open up my heart for my King Jesus, it opened up the way for me to present Him with my gifts.  I have no gold and I am sure the costs of frankincense and myrrh is quite spendy.  But the Lord has assured me that my gifts to Him are as dear as these were so many years ago.  My open heart is a gift in itself.  The Lord said that when I opened my heart and invited Him inside to search through out and see if there was anything there that I loved more that He, to see if there was anything unclean or unpure that would hinder my relationship with Him, it was a sweet, precious gift to Him.  It is an open heart, for Him to see all.  Then I offer Him all my love. One of the greatest gifts you can give to our Lord is all your love.  Putting the Lord above all else and loving Him so dearly is a beautiful gift to Him.  I also bring Him praise.  I can sing praises to Him with all my heart, thanking Him for His goodness, just for who He is, my King.  And I will worship Him from the bottom of my being, my soul filled with phrases of sweet songs from my spirit flowing up to His throne.  My gifts to Him, not costly in worldly value, but all of me that there is, and that is precious to my Lord.

As a child of the King, I get to visit with Him.  He comes sweeping down as I worship Him, and flows through me and all around me, just delighting in my love for Him, and giving me my hearts desire.  It doesn't get more special than this, it is the best of all gifts there is, our sweet intimate relationship.  How sweet this gift is to my King and it is a gift to me also.

No, I wasn't there over two thousand years ago when these kings presented their gifts to the King, but I get to be here now and with Him forever in eternity.  My gifts will go on daily to Him and His gifts to me will never end.  I am sure I am getting the best of this relationship, but my Lord and King tells me He is loving every moment of it, and He, as myself, never want it to end.  I just want to spend each day, walking through my life, holding the hand of my King.  Can you see us walking now, just His worshiper....... the child and the King.

1 comment:

  1. Becky loves her friend named Pat, ... and her friend and Savior named JESUS!!! I am thankful for (them)Them BOTH!

    ReplyDelete