Sunday, December 25, 2011

OVERCOMING THE FLESH

Malachi 4:2  "But for you who revere my name, the sun of righteousness will rise with healing in its wings. And you will go out and leap like calves released from the stall."

How blessed I am, Lord, so blessed I am on this Your birthday.  You know me so well, Lord, you know my heart, my spirit and you know my flesh.  What a struggle this morning as I lay in bed willing myself to get up, to go to church.  My spirit, my heart so wanted to worship You corporately this morning; to joyously praise Your Name, to sing with those with like hearts, to sing praises unto You.  But how tired I was, how bad I felt.  Just not able to kick this head congestion, but not wanting to give in to it either.  I prayed, asking what I was to do.  I rose up, made coffee, wrote of my love to You in my journal, visited with You as I read my daily readings, talked to You as I listened to worship music, and waited.  I waited for an answer from You as to what I should do.  Should I go out in this weather, or should I stay home.  You really made this my own decision, did You not?  You knew all along what I would do.  My flesh wanted to crawl back into the bed, but my spirit, my heart, my soul would not allow it.  The flesh is a head thing where I am concerned.  If I don't mind it, it does not take front place in my life.  So I did not mind the flesh, I listened to my heart, I felt from my soul and I let my spirit lead me as it listened to Your Spirit, guiding me to the right decision.

How jubilent services were.  I knew that Christmas carols could be worshipful when sang from the heart and spirit.  I know You felt the pure love floating upwards from those carols, those songs of love for You alone.  "Oh, come let us adore Him, oh, come let us adore Him."  And I do so adore You, my Lord.  From the moment I sat down, I could feel Your presence.  I could feel my heart singing that new song, dedicated to You.  Healing comes when you overcome the flesh, and believe in your heart and spirit and soul that what is more important to the spirit should overrule the flesh.  My worshiping You, my Savior, corporately lifting my voice with others to glorify You, was what was important to me this day.  And the flesh had to come into line with Your Word.  Glory, Glory, Glory.  Thank You, Lord.

Communion was so special, Lord Jesus.  It always is special, but today, on Your Birthday, it was beautiful.  The annointing You place on the Elements, those representing Your Body and Blood, taken into the heart, into the spirit as You, giving of Yourself, so that I may have healing, salvation, peace and eternal life, I will never forget, Lord, that special communion.  Cleansing taking place as the elements went into my body, healing, such peace, such peace.  Joy.  Indescribable joy.

Thank You, Holy Spirit, for Your leading my heart, my soul, my spirit this morning.  Thank You for never letting me go when the flesh struggles with my heart.  I love You so much.  I have been given strength to overcome all of the enemy's plans, even when he uses my flesh against me, through You, my Lord God, I can overcome all things. 

Happy Birthday, Jesus, Happy Birthday.

12-25-11

No comments:

Post a Comment