Wednesday, December 28, 2011

REMNANT REMAKES

Romans 11:5  "Even so then, at this present time there is a remnant according to the election of grace."

Some years ago I had a little business, I crocheted rag rugs out of fabric.  The fabric came from remnants that were discarded by bedding, home decorating, and companies that made pillows, etc.  I called my little business Remnant Remakes.  When I saw the beautiful rugs that could be made from mill ends, these rags, that were of no use, no need to these companies, but could be remade into useful, lasting rugs.  The Lord brought this to my mind today; I have learned that when He does things like this, there is a Word coming from Him.  This is what He shared with me about these rags.

We are all filthy rags in ourselves.  Some of us, as myself, became such a rag, due to sin and the never ending tongue of the enemy.  Listening to such lies, being in sin, I came under such bondage that I felt I could never be of use to my Lord again.  Have you had a time in your life like this?  Where you felt you had lost your usefulness to the Lord, that your sin had overshadowed any good that could come from you.  I believe we all have fallen into those lies, into that pit of self pity, self destruction, so far we felt from our God.  But for grace.

The Lord told me, "Look what I have done with what you thought you were.  Nothing is useless to Me when I am given control, when you completely surrender to me.  I made you, I can remake you into what I made you to be."  Just as those rags were made into beautiful, useful rugs, the Lord told me He can take what has been discarded as waste (and so I felt so much of my life had been a waste), and turn that person around, pour His Light into this person, cleanse them with His blood, give them new life in Him and turn this discarded one, by society, by family, by themself, into beauty, fit for the Bride of Christ.  A perfect fit for the Remnant of the Lord.

Nothing is wasted in the hands of our Lord.  He can remold the most crushed vessel, the most devastated heart can be gently remolded into a vessel of joy, a vessel of praise and worship to Him.  He has taken what I thought was useless and made me into His worshiper, a child fit for His Kingdom.  Yes, I know it sounds like a boast and I do not mean to ever seem that way; but I have confidence in what my Lord has done with me, in me, and is doing through me, that He does not find me a throw away, but a keeper.  He took the remaining remnant of my human form and remade it into what He wanted me to be, His worshiper.  You wonder why I seem to be of a one track mind, a record that is played over and over, it is because I know what I was, a filthy rag that should have been discorded but my Lord God would not let me be thrown away.  He took me, forgave my sins, gave me new life in Him, gave me a promise that I would be His Bride and that I would never know dispair, complete loss again.  I have the promise of a future in Him, a promise of life eternal with Him.

There is no one in this world that cannot be used by our Lord.  He desires that all come to Him, to be a part of the Remnant that will become His Bride.  He can remake, remold any life that has been shattered, broken and forgotten by this world.  He has never forgotten one of us, He knows just where we are at all times, now and when we are in sin, when we are lost, He knows just where we are; He knows just what is in our hearts, He hears our cry; He is waiting to hear His Name called, He will be instantly there for He is not far.  He never leaves us and He will never forsake us.

So just as the rugs I made are beautiful, useful and not put aside, I, and you, my friend, are important parts of the Lord's plan for His Kingdom.  His Remnant Remakes will be there praising Him, worshiping Him and leading the way for those, like we were, to His throne, to His beautiful hands to be remade into what He has intended us to be, beloved children created in His Likeness to glorify Him.

12-28-11

1 comment:

  1. Amen my friend Amen! Happy New Year and keep these wonderful posts coming my friend!

    ReplyDelete