Saturday, December 10, 2011

I AM WEAK BUT HE IS STRONG

2 Corinthians 12:10  "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake, for when I am weak, then I am strong."

When I stand strong in weaknesses, when I can face the difficult, and not waver, when I am at my weakest and then totally rely on the strength of my God, my Lord, then in His strength I am strong.  It is so hard at times, just when you think you have it all figured out, when things seem like they will be just as you want them to be, oops....the roof begins to leak, someone says something hurtful to you, your finances get real tight, and you can feel the darkness of the enemy begin to close in on you.  Is it just me, or does that happen to you also?

I have learned that I am not to ever think I have the Lord figured out, I cannot possibly do that.  Just when I believe I understand He shows me a total new aspect of His Being that I never knew existed.  To begin with, I am understanding that I am never going to have things all figured out, for when I think I do, pride bgins to slip in unnoticed.  And then it is there, beginning to override what is of my Lord, with more of me.  I do not want this to happen, ever.  Less of me, more of my Lord is my desire. But our minds can take us to places we thought were far from us.  Just let me think....no, rather, let me not think.  It is not my plan, it is the Lord's plan for me that I want to follow.  And I can not ever begin to know just where He is taking me, all I know is that I trust Him and I will go where He leads.

My strength is in the Lord.  He gives me strength when I am weak.  From Him I develop courage to, as it is written, "fight the good fight".  Anytime I think I can do it on my own, I fail, miserably.  From every direction sometimes, the enemy comes.  I cannot ever pretend to be able to battle with the forces of evil of the world, spiritual battles cannot be won by us.  I can only give myself into the Lord's hands, commit myself to His will, and stand strong, believing Him, trusting Him, and He will take care of the battle.  The battle was won long ago, but the enemy lies so convincingly that so often we forget that the battle has been won.  If we would remember this and speak it out at the first sign of trouble, we would not have to endure the fight so long.  Our Lord won this battle when He died on the cross and descended into hell and rose again.  All battles, all sicknesses, all of the trials we go through were won, it was done, it was finished.  We need to learn to walk in victory, as victory was paid for with a great price.  We negate the victory of the Lord when we go around with our head's held down, crying out to the Lord for victory....we have the victory.  We are weak but He is strong.  Our strength is in Him.  No matter how bad a situation looks, the victory has already been won for the children of God.  Stand tall, stand tall with me, as we look up to our Father and sing His praises, thanking Him for the strength He has given us, our weakness made strong in Him, and for the victory that He has won, once and for all.

12-10-11

No comments:

Post a Comment