Monday, December 19, 2011

ONE THING SPOKEN, TWO THINGS HEARD

Psalm 62:11,12  "One thing God has spoken, two things I have heard: that you, O God, are strong, and that you, O Lord, are loving.  Surely you will reward each person according to what he has done."

My Lord God, You have so shown me what You can do with so little.  That when things are done in Your Name, done for Your glory, amazing things happen.  To sing last night, to be able to get the notes right, to do so to bless You, to bring glory to You, I was so blessed.  You kept telling me I would sing, and I kept wondering when You would make my congestion go away, when You would give my voice some strength, some volume, waiting for You.  But You said sing and so as I made my way to the front last night, I was wondering what would happen when I sang.  Were You smiling at me?  All I knew is that I was to get up there, talk about the blessed gift of contentment that You had given me and sing, "It is Well with My Soul".  Before I began to sing, while the music was playing the introduction, I could see a peacefulness come over so many of the people there.  The anointing on the music just bringing peace into the room.  And as I began to sing, it did not sound great to me, but I continued to sing and worship You with my heart, with my spirit.  I could see Your Spirit move through the room Lord, as people let the words of the song move over them, into their spirits and lift their hearts up to You with love, with their minds flowing with expectation of Your return, when You descend and return for us.  What I heard through my ears was not what they heard.  What I heard was raspy, broken words with nasalness; what they heard was Your annointed words coming from Your worshiper, from one who loves You so much.  You transcended, what the enemy meant to distress me, to disappoint me that I could not do my best for You, You transcended it into a message of Your Power and Peace that would settle in hearts of those hungry for You.

You are strong when I am weak; You are loving to me and never fail me.  Where I would have had the enemy taunting me over a messed up song, You made it into such a blessing for Your children there.  When I walked up there, I just told You, it was for Your glory, no matter how it sounded, I would sing for You; You never let me down.  I praise You my Lord, I worship Your Holy Name.

Thank You my King, for Your loving heart, for Your comforting arms that hold me each day, for You joy that You place in my heart and for Your peace that permeates my soul, my spirit.  You spoke to me to sing, and what was heard was Your peace and Your love to all there.

12-19-11

No comments:

Post a Comment