Sunday, March 18, 2012

WHEN YOU WANT MORE

Psalm 42:2  "My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.  When can I go and meet with God?"

More of You, Lord, I want so much more.  Teach me Holy Spirit, teach me the things of my God.  Teach me the ways of my Lord.  Instruct me each day in the ways that are pleasing to the Lord, to my God.  What are the secrets I so desire to learn....

There are no secrets to pleasing God.  All the "secrets" are written, inspired by our Father, and written in His Word so we would know just how to please Him.

Love - Mark 12:33 "To love him with all your heart, with all your understanding and with all your strength, and to love your neighbor as yourself is more important than all burnt offerings and sacrifices."  The first and most important way to please our God is to love Him above all else, with everything that is within you.  Nothing above Him, nothing before Him, just love the Lord with all that is in you.  Love your neighbor.  This pleases the Lord above all else.

Seek - Matthew 6:33 "But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness..."  The Lord is always with us, but He wants you to diligently seek Him.  To desire to go deeper in Him each day, never being satisfied with yesterdays filling but wanting to be totally filled each day with His glory, His power and His presence.  Each day, fresh in the Lord, always wanting more and more of Him.

Worship - Luke 4:8  "Jesus answered, "It is written: Worship the Lord your God and serve Him only."  This touches my heart so much.  Worship the Lord, in doing so, serve Him only.  Do not worship the Lord one day, the next finding value in things not of Him, but serve the Lord only.  Give unto Him all your worship.  Glorify His Name each day, let nothing come between you and worshiping the Lord. This is why we were created, to worship God, to sing of His goodness, to sing praises unto His Holy Name, to draw Him to us with our sweet words of love flowing upwards from our spirits, so pleasing the fragrance of our songs of love.

Heart - Jeremiah 17:10a  "I the Lord search the heart and examine the mind.."  For the Lord searches the hearts of His children, especially more so those that are desiring to draw near to Him, nearer and nearer.  He  looks to find anything that is hindering the relationship, to see if indeed it is He that is held so dear there, in the heart of those He wants to dwell within.

The teachings of the Holy Spirit, the instruction He gives to us, those of us, that want so much more that the day before, so much more of our God, are vital to us.  Our Lord has made everything available to us, for He so desires that we come to Him with our whole heart, worshiping Him with the new songs that rise out of our souls, leaping into our spirits, springing out of our mouths to make known to all that our God is our Beloved, our Creator that we want to be with, that we want to spend time with, that we desire to make His abode in our hearts. 

I seek You my God, I seek to know You more each day.  I need You, I need to know that You are near me at all times.  When I call, I need to hear that sweet whisper, "Yes, child, I am here".  Lord, You are all I will ever desire, all I will ever need.  You give me such joy knowing that I can come to You as I have sought You, I have found You, I have surrendered all  of me into Your hands.  I love You with all that is in me, and I always will.  You are my God, my everything.

03-18-12

No comments:

Post a Comment