Saturday, March 31, 2012

VISION OF THE LORD

Psalm 4:6  "Many are asking, "Who can show us any good?"  Let the light of your face shine upon us, O Lord."

So often, he never misses a chance, the enemy just pops thoughts of tomorrow, next week, next month, next year in my mind and question mark after question mark.  What will happen, what will you do if....., so many scenerios....but God.  I have gotten to where when these thoughts come into my  mind, I quickly put them out and call on the Holy Spirit to once again guard my mind from these thoughts.  I don't know what will happen tomorrow, much less next week.  We all make plans for the future, next week, next month.  We make appointments, we set reunions, we plan vacations, it is what we do, it is a natural thing.  We pray that all goes the way we would like it to, but we don't have any knowledge of what will happen tomorrow.  But God.

I don't know what is going to happen tomorrow, but I know the One who does.  My God knows what will happen in my future.  He has each moment of each day planned out for each of us.  Yes, I know, I at one time questioned, how can it be that God can have plans for each one of His children, so many of us.....especially when so many have a hard time keeping up with the schedules of their two or three children and God has so very many.  But He does keep up with each of us.  Each detail of our day is planned out to bless us and to glorify His Name.  I don't question that fact, I just know in my heart that He is exactly what His Word says He is, and He is what He has shown me, what I have witnessed.

God is El Roi, the God who sees me.  Everything I do is seen by my Father.  There is never a day that goes by that He is not paying close attention to everything that goes on around me.  He is on constant watch to lift me immediately out of harm's way. 

Yahweh Shammah, my God is there.  Always there when I call on Him, I know He is there. He never leaves us alone, never forsakes us no matter how we behave, He is there.  Sometimes I feel Him so close, so very close.

All I know is that my Lord, my Father knows what tomorrow holds for me.  It is His vision for my life that I have to follow.  I trust in Him.  In order to follow, not knowing what the path holds, it is so important to trust completely.  You cannot get on a plane to fly somewhere and half way there begin to doubt if the plane can get you to your destination.  You got on that plane trusting that it would take you to where you were going.  Strange don't you think, that so many people that will trust that plane, will not give their complete trust to our Lord who never lets us down.  But then you might say, well, you can see the plane, but you can not see God.  Well that is true, you can't see God, but when you love the Lord and have sought Him, have spent time with Him and received His touch on your life.... you know He is with you, you can feel His presence.  I don't know how to convince you to trust the Lord for the vision He has for your life...I don't have the words, and it is not my place to do this.  The Word of God  has the words that tell you of His faithfulness, His promises.  The Holy Spirit will lead you in the path, in the vision the Lord has for you if you just submit yourself to Him and release all your cares and worries to Him.

My Adonay, my Lord, my Master.  I trust You with all my life.  You are so holy, Lord, so holy.  There is none like You, Father.  When I think of how You care for me, how precious You have shown me that I was in Your sight; as I catch the vision You have for me, I am simply.... there are no words for my feelings right now.  I only know that I have never loved You more than at this moment and I know that my love for You will be even greater tomorrow.  My love grows for You with each thought of You, with each thought of Your goodness and grace on my life.  I worship You, my God.  I worship You with love, I worship You with reverence, I worship You with all that is in me.  Let me see only You my God, and let Your vision keep me with You always.

03-31-12

No comments:

Post a Comment