Thursday, March 8, 2012

HEART TO WORSHIP

John 4:23  "But the hour is coming, and now is; when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for the Father is seeking such to worship Him."

Worship, true worship, is a matter of the heart.  When the heart gets involved in a matter, there is depth to it, an honesty in it, an urgency about it.  The heart produces  a special balance to the body, a  type of chemical balance, to the body and the mind.  It doesn't matter what your mind tells you, what your mind thinks, the heart has been known so many times to over rule the mind, especially on matters of love, on matters of desire.

Remember when you fell in love, it did not matter what anyone told you, did not matter what you thought, your heart ruled.  This is what a true worshipers heart does now.  It doesn't matter what the circumstances look like, what words the enemy tells your mind, your heart knows better.  This love that I hold for my Lord, for my God, overshadows all things that are present or to come.

A true desire of the heart to worship the Lord will over rule what the mind says.  If your mind says things are not going well, you are sick or oppressed, the enemy is telling you that if the Lord loved you, that you would not be going through these things....but a heart that loves the Lord God passionately will ignore all the things of the mind, of the body, as it has an overwhelming desire to worship God, has to worship the Lord.

David, King David.....what an example of worship he was.  A heart that loved the Lord with all his being.  No matter what his circumstances were....exiled, chased by the wild, crazy king, his own son wanting to destroy him, possibility of losing his throne....he still loved the Lord and worshiped Him.  His heart overflowed with love for God, his heart had to worship Him.

Our circumstances, no matter how severe, how painful.....if our heart is filled with passionate, pure love for our God, then the only thing you will be able to do is worship Him.  The afflictions that come, from the enemy or self imposed will never cause the love in my heart for my Lord to cease.  In fact, these afflictions cause me to love Him even more as they cause me to realize that without Him, I could not get through the day, through one minute.  He has brought me through so much, without His hand on me I cannot imagine what my life would be.  I know it would not be a life of peace, joy, contentment.

My Beloved Lord.  How I love to worship Him.  Waking up in the morning, my heart full of love and thanksgiving for His goodness to me, my heart begins to worship and my spirit lifts the words from my heart and they flow out to Him.  No words have been made to truly express my God's love for me nor my love for Him.  You can use all the words that Webster has in his dictionary, but they are so inadequate to describe the depth of such a love that the Lord has for us, or that I, and you, have for Him, the true worshipers of our Lord.

I have a heart to worship my God.  All that I do, all that I am, I give to Him in a form of worship.  Worship is not just singing to the Lord songs of love and thanksgiving.  True worship of the heart is a lifestyle, a life that is dedicated to giving to the Lord all that you have, a life that reflects His love and mercy to others that they too, will love Him with every part of themselves and have a heart to worship the Lord, our God, our Father.

03-08-12

No comments:

Post a Comment