Wednesday, March 28, 2012

VALLEY OF DECISION

Ezekiel 37:1  "The hand of the Lord was upon me, and he brought me out by the Spirit of the Lord and set me in the middle of a valley; it was full of bones."

Have you ever had a period of time when you felt like you were in a valley, not a lush valley where rivers flow, but a dry place, a place where trials have pushed you further and further down the mountain until you are virtually laying in the bottom of this valley, looking up.  I am lying here now looking up.  I feel like the enemy's choir has been standing around me singing of my demise, rejoicing over my situation.  So many nights now, no true rest, feeling like my pillow is my enemy instead of my friend.  But these nights as I lay awake, I am praying, letting the Spirit of my Lord rise up and pray for me, as I don't know what else to say.  I am not one to pray over myself, I never have been much for bringing myself before my God to ask for myself.  I have always prayed for others, with only asking for myself on occasion.  So, I find myself not knowing how to ask for me.  I believe one of the enemy's greatest tools is convincing ourselves if we pray for ourselves that we lack faith, that we are telling the Lord that He has failed us, that He is not taking care of us, keeping His promises.  And I also believe sometimes pride comes on us, telling us that the Lord knows of our needs, He will supply them.  But I realize there is so much I do not know of my Lord's ways. I know He likes us to come to Him with all our needs, to ask, not to assume.  And tonight I will be asking, I will be asking for His sweet rest for me. 

Questioning my God is something I have not done in years.  I refuse to ask my Lord why?  I do not know His thoughts, His ways, thought I have been blessed to know His heart on so many occasions.  I have asked the Lord to show me His heart, and He has.  Seeing my Lord's heart has been very grievous at times, and other times so truly joyful and melodious.  But I have not asked Him why I have not slept well, nor why I have had tests and so many trials at this time.  And some may find this wrong, but I will not ask Him why.  I will instead let His will be done in my life and continue to trust Him in everything.

In this valley, as in ones I have been in before, I know there is but one answer.  There is a decision here.  No matter how dry it feels, how loud the enemy's shouts get over me, I will exercise my faith and get up.  I will not lay here in self pity, a time of "woe is me", but I will still, always, sing praises to my God, my King.  I will sing from my heart as I lay here because I know my songs of worship will draw my Lord to me and He will lift me up.  He will slay all those rejoicing over my weariness and He will pour His strength into me.  His love will surround me and His rich, lush voice will whisper to me, "Arise, my love", as His hand takes mine and draws me to Him.  Right now, this moment, I feel my Lord drawing me to His breast, laying my head upon His shoulder and telling me that I will rest this night in Him.  My faith is in my God, this is not a hard decision for me.  I will always trust my Lord, no matter where I find myself, mountaintop or valley, I trust in God, my God.

As I rise up, I look around me.  All of satan's friends have disappeared for at the very sound of my Master's voice, they tremble and hide.  But I see bones lying on the dry surface of this valley.  When I read the scripture the Lord gave me for this, I could see these bones of those whose decision was not to continue trusting the Lord, they gave up, they simply gave up.  So many get tired of trying and trying, of running the race, of walking the narrow road and when things come at them that they cannot control, instead of giving it to the Lord, looking to Him, continuing to trust Him in all things, they just give up and dry up inside.  But, friends, it does not have to be this way.  Even when you feel you are so dried up, the Lord, our God, will breath fresh life into you.  Let your faith arise, let your trust in our Lord draw you up, call on His Name and He will come to you and draw you to Him as He is me.  He wills for none of us to fall away.  Don't be like I have been, thinking I should not pray for myself.  Lift your heart to the Lord, ask Him for your rest, ask the Holy Spirit to flame that faith up within you and remember your first Love.  Continue to worship and praise the Lord in all things. 

Our valleys can be a learning ground.  The Lord has things to teach us, to bring us to a better understanding of His ways, His will.  I can see that as I submit to Him, holding on to Him with faith, trusting Him, that I learn more and am drawn closer to Him.  Valleys do not have to be a frightening experience if we just remember that we are not alone there, the Lord is with us, and He will bring us through to the other side, we will be walking up the mountainside with Him as He teaches us, as He draws us to His side with His love and faithfulness.

I have decided to trust my Lord in all things.  I have learned that my God is so faithful, He loves me so much and He has nothing but blessings and His very best in store for me.  In God I trust, in my Father I trust.  Pappa, I trust You in all things.

03-28-12

No comments:

Post a Comment