Monday, March 12, 2012

HEAVEN'S SWEET RAIN

Hosea 10:12  "Sow for yourselves righteousness; reap in mercy, break up your fallow ground, for it is time to seek the Lord, till He comes and rains righteousness on you."

The trees, grass....they have it right.  Notice how all the blades of grass stand tall, how the trees stretch their branches to the heavens.  In worship position at all times.  Making their sweet songs as the wind blows through the air moving, shaking, softly bringing forth the gentle noises that we cannot hear but the Creator hears them.  All things were made to worship the Lord.  The trees, the grass, they know from whom their life comes from. There is never any doubt with them.  They know that without the mercy of the Lord to rain down on them, they will dry up and die.  Without the Lord to lay it on the hearts of His children to water them, they die.  So they stay in their worship position day and night, never giving up, no matter how dry things seem for them at times. 

A lesson for us?  I would think so.  Even in dry seasons, the Lord is working on our behalf.  Waiting perhaps, to see if we will still worship Him, if we will still lift our hands up to Him and praise Him.  So often, the children of God want to give up.  They hold in there for so long and then it seems like it becomes too much.  I can see in my past where I have done that, learned a hard lesson in doing so, so difficult to think I was so very self centered that I could not see the real work the Lord was trying to do in me.  So the work took longer than it should have.  How gracious our Father is, not to just knock us down and forget about us when we take this kind of path, the road most traveled when things begin to get difficult.  This road is usually filled with the children of God who have decided that things were too hard, they were tired of getting knocked down by the enemy....which comes in all fashions.....family, friends, work, and sadly, church.  The other road, the one not quite so filled, those children who have been on the other road at one time, but learned that a road less traveled, the hard road in the beginning is the preferred road as they, as I, have found that this road in only rough in the beginning.  Once on this road, once the struggles begin to be conquered, your faith intensifies and the road gets easier as you begin to see Father's plan for you, and you realize that He never leaves you to the enemy. He is always there to shield you.  Hard road....but so worth the journey.

I believe I got a little off course there, but the Lord wanted that inserted here.  I always go with what He says, for this is for Him, by Him, I am only His vessel.  So whomever that is for, don't quit, stay on the road that the Lord has you on.  He will lead you through all things.

Our worship to the Lord should be going forth in all seasons.  Like the trees, the grass, our hands should be lifted up to the Lord, as we know where the rain of the Spirit comes from.  We sing, Let it Rain, Let it Rain, but are we in position to receive the rain of the Spirit of God?  Are our hands lifted up, are our hearts open wide, are we watching for what the Lord wants to show us?  I sing, I lift my hands to You, my Lord, in worship, to glorify You alone.  I bring my heart to You and lift it high for You to see the love that pours from it for You.  I want to feel that Spiritual rain fall on me, day, night, always.

I am reminded of the fir trees up north, that their branches actually are weighed down.  From the constant snows in the winter there, the limbs are downward.  It is as though the water, the rains coming down in the cold and turning into snow have saturated them until they can no longer hold them up to the sky.  Father, let me be so saturated with Your Spirit that I can not hold my arms up, that I can feel You weighing on every part of me, the heaviness of Your blessed presence falling all over me until I don't feel me anymore, only You.  My desire is to feel only You, so heavily on me that I can do nothing but lay before You and tell You how much I love You.  I love You so much my Lord.

Your sweet rain, Father, rain on Your children who are waiting on You this night.  Lord, rain down Your Spirit, Your beautiful presence on them and fill them with peace, joy, and if needed, Lord, Your healing mercy.  Rain down, my glorious Father, rain down.  Rain so until all are saturated with Your love, Your touch that they will never desire anything but to continue with You, no matter how dry the season may be, no matter how tired one gets of the battle, rain down until their shield of faith becomes lifted high again.  Rain down, my Beloved, rain down.

03-12-12

No comments:

Post a Comment