Friday, March 9, 2012

HOLY SPIRIT FIRE

Romans 5:5  "Now hope does not disappoint, because of the love of God has been poured out in our hearts by the Holy Spirit who was given to us."

Burn in me Holy Spirit, Burn in me.  Everywhere you look, you hear people....ministers, evangelists, teachers, worship leaders taking about FIRE!  Fire....burning fire.

I have given a lot of thought to this these past few months and sadly to say have let the subject sit on the back burner, no pun intended, but I just kept pushing it aside.  But I have found that it would not leave me alone but has been stirring up in me, like a flickering flame.  You know when you leave something alone for a good while, a lot of times it will either die down or begin to really take hold of you.

Such is this fire, this Holy Spirit fire.  This is the work, I believe, of the Holy Spirit in God's children as they seek the Lord.  I believe in the heart of a believer that is seeking to go deeper in the Lord, the Holy Spirit will keep that flame burning.  When trials come, distractions of work, family, life in general, when the things of the world would cause your time alone with God to diminish, the Holy Spirit will not let that desire, that flame go out.  He keeps the embers hot and refuels you with the strength of the Lord, refreshing your spirit and draws you back with the warmth of that fire....that fire of your first love, and begins to fan that flame with a fresh burning desire for the things of the Lord, for your time you are desiring to have with God, your Father.

The Holy Spirit will produce a bright flame in your spirit to show the love, the goodness of the Lord to all those around you.  The fire inside of you will cause your countenance to glow from inside of you to the outside, your appearance will radiate the love of God and your desire for Him.

As I am writing this, I am realizing how very tired I am.  No day off this week and none for next week or two except Sundays.  But as I am thinking how tired I am, I can feel the Holy Spirit fanning those embers that have still a flicker in them.  When you love the Lord deeply, even weariness, problems, whatever your circumstances are, the flame of the love for your Lord God never goes out.  It may not be the blazing fire that you would desire to be burning constantly, but our Father knows there will be times as this.  He looks beyond that flicker to the desire of the heart.  That is when His Holy Spirit begins His work in us, restoring, refreshing, reminding us how much the Father loves us, how His goodness and mercy has poured out on us.  When you begin to think on these things, you can feel that flicker begin to stir up into a mighty flame as our hearts are filled with love and thanksgiving to the Lord. 

I know there is so much more to the Fire message that everyone is teaching, and I love the message.  But this is what the fire of the Holy Spirit fed to my  spirit today.  One more way the Holy Spirit teaches me of the love of my Lord and draws from me, my adoration of Him.

God is so good to me.  I love Him so much.  I thank You Holy Spirit for wooing me, drawing me back to the sweet, tender side of my God.  I can feel the warmth of Your fiery love for me Lord, it is stirring up the fire in my heart for You, the fire of my spirit burning high until the two flames of our love become as one fire, a blazing hot fire....inextinguishable.

03-09-12

1 comment:

  1. I've never experienced this. The fire/flame or even the love of God. I so want to. I keep reading and hearing how others have this, but I can't relate. I know God is working, but it is so easy to wonder why I have not experienced these things. And I really want to. I keep thinking I am doing something to hinder it from happening. I will keep seeking, knowing that God likely wants me to experience it even more than I do.

    ReplyDelete