Sunday, March 11, 2012

THE CHANGING TIMES

Romans 13:11  "And do this, understanding the present time. The hour has come for you to wake up from your slumber, because our salvation is nearer now that when we first believed."

Waking up this morning, laying in the bed, just wanting to have that little extra time to rest, I remembered, the time had changed.  Daylight Savings Time, lost an hour, I think it moves ahead about 2 in the morning if I remember correctly.  As I lay in the bed, I began to think of how man has manipulated so much in our world, not the least of which is time.  I can almost hear the Lord laughing at this, twice a year when it happens, springing forward, falling back.  Our God looks down at the antics of this earth, it's inhabitants and just smiles. 

There is nothing we can actually do to move or delay time.  It is nice, I have to agree, especially for people that work, to be able to get home before dark.  For younger folks, they have time to go out and have sports activities, yard work, just relaxing in the light of the day.  For people my age, it represents getting to drive home in the daylight and not the dark all the time.  Sorry, but I am so practical these days, and I would much rather drive in light than in dark.....live that way also.  But time really does not change.  We just move the clocks differently and not everyone does this. 

I seem to be rambling now.  I believe it is because I keep hearing different things from the Lord right now.  I am waiting to see which direction I am going in.  I never want to get ahead of God.  Father, I ask that You bring to this writing exactly what it is that You would have presented tonight.  If it is not of You, it has no place here.  Thank You, Father.

Before time began, the Lord knew just where we would be at this day, this month, this year in our walk with Him.  I believe that time is moving at a pace so much faster than it once did.  Do you notice that each day begins to blend into the next day, the hours do not seem as long as they once did, the days seem to go by, the months rushing so quickly.  It was just the first of January and now it is the middle of March.  There is not much time left, I believe, for us to just live our lifes in a quiet, leisurely manner.  The time is growing short and there are so many on the earth that are still not knowing our Lord.  They might have heard of Jesus, but do not know Him.  So many of the people that we encounter on a daily basis do not know Him as their Savior.  We see these people every day and yet, we just smile and walk on by.  It is time that we step up and do what the Lord has called all His children to do.  We were made to worship the Lord, and one of the ways we can worship Him is to be witnesses of Him.  God's goodness to His children should be shared.  We should be telling others  of the love and mercy of our Lord.  When we see someone that is so obviously having a bad day, having a difficult time, that is the time we should begin to pray, ask the Lord for His power and strength, to speak to that one in His name.

A lady came into my office the other day and she was having such a bad day.  I talked to her for a few minutes about how I could help her and she said "You are a Christian aren't you?"  I told her I was and she asked if I would pray for her.  She did not have to ask twice. I took her hands in mine and began to pray for her.  She needed the Lord and she needed Him then, not later in the day.  Time is now to pray and to lead others to the Lord.  That time never changes, that time is now, present, this minute.

Times are changing quickly.  The enemy is pushing his agendas ahead, using all his wiles to confuse people, to make them believe that a little is enough, that just knowing who Jesus is, believing that they are okay with that.  The worlds ways now, pushing ahead with its sexual, lustful agendas, forcing such on young children, trying to cover up the obvious with cartoon characters, but it is there.  TV sitcoms try to make acceptance of what is wrong, right.  The disturbing thing is that so many, Christians included, watch them and think they are just funny.  The message, whether you know it or not, goes into your spirits, and resides there, until before you realize it, you will think nothing of it yourself.  Time to look at what the Lord says in His Word.  Time to look at what is going on.  Time is changing, but children of God are not suppose to.  We are to be just like our Lord, the same yesterday, today and tomorrow.  Faithful, trusting, believing in what our Lord has set as His rules for righteous living.

Jesus is coming soon.  The condition of this world is a great indicator.  If you read the Word, you know that the time is short.  We have a lot of work to do.  Man can move time as he wills, but our God has the time set in place, and no manipulations of man can change the time of our God.  I am so blessed that my time is set in God's hands and He holds me close to Him. Nothing will surprise me, as the Lord instructs His children, the children that seek His face continually, will not be surprised when the time comes.  Thank You, my Lord, that my life, my time in in You.  You set time in place.  You are the Keeper of the time that truly matters to me, eternity.

03-11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment