Monday, March 5, 2012

THOUGHTS......Past, Present, Future

Hebrews 4:16  "Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need."

Do you have a battle of the mind?  Do thoughts hit your mind and you wonder where they could have come from?  I can be just driving along, or even walking through the house.....how about leaving church, when a thought will jump into my mind that will simply floor me and I wonder what is this?  I mean thoughts that cause me to reduce to tears almost as they are not a thought I want in my mind.

Just when you think you are pass the past the enemy will bring it all flooding back in one big wave of a thought.  Those things that just to keep me chained up, bound in sin, coming back in my mind.  Whereas in the past I may have sinned through them, no longer will I allow those thoughts to enslave me.  I immediately cry out to my Lord, asking the Holy Spirit to put a hedge of protection around my mind and I ask forgiveness for having this thought in my mind.  I was horrified that these thoughts may be in my heart....but I don't believe this is true for I ask the Lord daily to search me, see if there is anything in me that is not of Him, anything that would keep me from the beautiful relationship I have with the Father, my Lord God.

This morning when a thought as this popped into my mind, I was praising the Lord when it came.  Instantly I called out to my God, asking forgiveness for such a thought.  He told me "You have not sinned, it was a thought not of your making, but of the enemy."  My spirit was instantly at peace.  It was not my thought but one planted by the enemy.  I know I am not the only child of God that suffers these attacks.  The closer that we come to the Lord, the deeper we seek Him, I believe we will be hit with every evil thing that satan can come up with to try and separate us from our Lord.  The enemy will use those things that truly had us captive in sin to try and bring us down again.  But we do not have to go there.  We are born again in Christ Jesus and all those sins have been forgiven and tossed far beyond the sky where they are no longer a part of who we are.  We are not what we were, we do not ever have to go there again.  Just because satan can toss a thought into our minds does not mean he can plant it into our hearts, into our spirit.

Just as quickly as they come to mind, rebuke those thoughts.  I do this, it seems like several times a day I get hit.  I imagine if I was not seeking my Lord with all my heart and soul, I would not be attack like this, neither would you.  But my relationship with the Lord is worth everything to me, so I will let the attacks come.  See, I know that my Redeemer lives and He is so close to me that the moment I cry out "Jesus", He comes like a roaring lion to protect me.  His Holy Spirit instantly washes my mind, cleansing me with the blood of Jesus, and takes those thoughts away.

When the past comes invading my present, I thank my Lord as I know my future.  My future is in Him.  I have a Father who loves me with a passion that far exceeds any love known to mankind.  He created me to be His worshiper, He has planted His desire for me in my heart and I cannot let go of my Beloved Lord. Never.  I love Him with all my heart.  So as He prepares me for each day to come, I study His Word.  I listen for His voice as His Holy Spirit instructs me, guides and directs me.  I will pray continually, talking with my Lord all the day.  Nearer my Lord to thee, is my heart's desire.

One day the mind games the enemy plays with me will be over.  That will be the day that my King returns to reign forever.  That will be the day, I physically stand at His side as His Bride and the enemy.....he will be cast down forever.....and my King and I will be One.

03-05-12

No comments:

Post a Comment