Thursday, November 25, 2010

A Reason to Worship

My Father, I thank you for this day, another Thanksgiving Day.  The second one without my husband. My heart grew heavy as the day went by, Lord, just from the thoughts and emotions that go with these type of days. But You, Oh Lord, in your infinite wisdom and grace, drew me into Your Presence as I began to worship You.  As worship went up, your love and grace came down filling me with a fresh, welcome breath of Your glory.  As I began to sing your praises, to worship you with my whole heart, You came Lord.

I remembered the things You had showed me, the ways You had taught me to worship You. To depend upon Your presence to fill every longing with You, everything filled with You. Loneliness gone, heart-ache gone, depression gone. The only thing left - You, my Lord, You.

I thank you this Thanksgiving Day my Lord for the way You have taken care of my life, how You have turned everything around for good, and how You have flooded me with Your Spirit, Your love. I worship you, my King, and sing praises to Your Holy Name.

This is somewhat of a personal note tonight, but I don't apologize for it.  The Lord has shown me that even when we are feeling fragile, small, and defenseless, we need to share those feelings with others. There is a need for open and honest feelings. When you let others into your heart, to see how vulnerable you can be, it opens the door for them to share with you.  Only then can the Lord use others to comfort, pray and encourage you.  The Lord will use them to help restore you to His fullness.  That is why He places us with certain people. People He knows you can trust because He placed them in your life. These people will not ridicule or mock you. They are His people, worshipers like yourself.  A different people.

So let yourself seek the Lord. He will show you His people, the ones He places in your life to be His hands, the ones He wants you to walk with. Most of the Lords disciples went by twos. It was for a purpose. God knew they, as we, would weary on their (our) own, so He put a friend(s) to accompany them (us) on our way to His Eternal Glory.

This is what I have to share, this 25th day of November, 2010.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your heart, Pat! I'm so thankful for you, and for others that the Lord has brought into my life. You're right! God knew that we would need each other, and that's why he caused our paths to cross. He knows that we need encouragement from one another, to build each other up in the Lord, and to agree and pray for one another! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete