Sunday, November 28, 2010

John 14:23 THEY Abide in Me and You

John 14:23 "Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love Me, he will keep My words, and My Father will love him; and We will come unto him; and make Our abode with him." 

This entire chapter shows the love of the Lord and His concern that we understand that through Him we know the Father, that when He speaks, the Father speaks; He is in the Father and the Father is in Him. And then the beautiful words "We will come unto him (us), and make Our abode with him (us)".  I surely do not want to take words out of context here, but this just jumps off the page.  When we accepted Jesus into our hearts, we accepted the Father.  Jesus left the Comforter with us, and by loving Jesus, He and the Father make their abode with us, joining the Comforter who is there already. There we have the Trinity living within all of us who love Jesus.

Does this not just make you want to shout Hallelujah!!!!!  How can you not want to fall to your knees and worship our King. He left the Comforter with us, and all He asks is that we love HIM, and He makes the way for the Father to dwell in us also.  Jesus washes us with His precious shed blood, to make us spotless so the Father can come with Him to make Their ABODE with us.  Chosing to live with us.  Here, on this earth. Do you grasp the significance of this.  We don't have to wait, we don't have to beg, we just have to love. Love our Jesus. Our precious Lord, who sacrificed everything for us and only asks for our love. 
Realizing that Their presence is within us, abiding with us, daily; knowing that there is that precious Trinity dwelling in us.

Now, I am quite realistic.  I know that if we sin, the Father leaves. I believe until we repent that Jesus leaves also. Just the Holy Spirit remains to convict, show us our error, and remain while we seek the Lord's forgiveness.  Once we repent of this sin, forgiveness is given; as our Lord is interceding for us with the Father, seeing our hearts are truly repentant.  Then I believe the Trinity is once again with us, dwelling in our cleansed, repentant heart. Thank you Lord.

Now I do not have a degree in Theology, nor do I claim to have total understanding of what treasures the Bible holds.  All I know that when reading the Bible, the Lord lights up scripture and gives me an explanations I can understand.  I have a very simple faith. It is not to be confused with little faith, I said simple. By simple I mean I believe fully the Word of the Lord. If the Bible says it, I know it is true. There is no doubt where I stand on the Word of God. I love the Lord and love His Word. I trust the Lord and therefore I trust His Word.  He nor His Word ever waver.  It will be the same with me until the day He returns for me or calls me home.

This all said, I am returning to who I am, a worshiper.  You know it is so easy to worship the Lord when you just yield to His spirit, have simple faith to trust Him, believe in Him, believe in His Word.  I guess that makes me a child having simple faith.  And like a child I am happy to be, A CHILD OF GOD, His beloved child, I am a part of HIS BRIDE.

And as your child,  my Lord, I worship you with my whole being, this 28th day of November, 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment