Sunday, July 29, 2012

LIVING LIFE TO THE FULLEST

John 10:10b  "I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full."

Have you thought at times, be honest now, for I know I have....but have you thought as you watched other people you know, how interesting their life is?  They always have an exciting story to tell, either from what happened at the store, or on a plane flight, a road trip; miracles that they were blessed to see.  I know at times, I have felt how very dull an existence I live; only to have a time out with the Holy Spirit at night.  The Holy Spirit will not leave me thinking in this frame of mind for very long for it is detrimental to the work the Lord has for each of us to do. 

If my life, if your life seems dull, boring, a life no one would dream of having, then we are not living our life to the fullest that the Lord has given us, not living up to the potential that He has put in us; the purpose that He has placed in our hearts, in our spirits, for us to attain in Him.  Friends, I am certainly talking to myself here.  I realize my life seems so busy at times, but still the enemy comes in to steal anything that is not weighed down by the Spirit, anything that is not settled on the Rock of our salvation can be taken in a moment. 

This is why, I believe, a lot of times we attend services and are so elated at the revelation we receive from the Lord during the service only to find that the next day, we cannot even remember what we heard in that place.  What happens?  Our eyes.....our view of the world outside of the Spirit happens.  We do not keep our eyes on the Lord as the enemy comes in to place doubt and unbelief on what we heard.  We listen and take the Word deep inside us and then the enemy comes and throws questions at us....."Well, if you are so blessed, then why does so and so seem to be more joyful than you?" or he might say "well, looky here, all alone and everyone else is busing doing God's work, but you are here writing, or you are just reading the Word, worshiping alone....something wrong with you, that is for sure."  Heard those words before.  I have. Takes a lot of deep conviction to ignore those words that keep coming and coming.

I spend a lot of time alone.  But I am finding that it is so blessed if I take the time to look inside of myself and ask the Lord what He wants to do with this time, with the time that has been evidently set aside by Him to give me the opportunity, IF I choose, to be with Him.  To choose to be with Him.  The Lord is constructing a time frame for each of His children where they will have that alone time, where He desires them to choose to spend that time with Him.  Not all do.  I am guilty of at times not recognizing that this time has been set aside by the Lord for OUR time.  Sometimes so wrapped up in what I did the day before.....why do we even spend time rehashing yesterday, good or bad?  It is gone, let's move into today and see what the Lord has planned.   I ask You, dear Spirit, to draw me at these times that my Lord has set for just the two of us, draw me into His presence, let nothing else, nothing else blind me to the fact that this alone time is not alone time.....it is my time with my God.  Set in this day to give me time to sit on my Father's lap and tell Him how much I love Him....to thank Him for my yesterdays, my today, and tell Him how I look forward to my tomorrows with Him.

I want to live my life to the fullest and the only way for me to do that is to walk into those set aside times with my God.  To live  my life looking for time to spend with Him alone.  To hold Him in my mind, my heart and my spirit as I am never away from Him, so I can draw into Him at any time of day or night.  Any attack of the enemy can go only so far.....ha.ha.ha.  As I write this, this causes me to laugh as he thinks I am retreating, running from him, but no.....I am only drawing in to the spirit, into the arms of my God, I am running from no one, I am running to my Strong Tower whose arms are always open to me.  Here lies my most valuable weapon against the enemy.....the strength, the grace and the love of my Father.  Here life reaches it's full capacity.  Life inside the Father as He dwells inside each of us through His Spirit, our safe place inside His Dwelling Place, our hearts.

Life cannot possibly be any fuller, than a life lived totally within His presence.

07-29-12

No comments:

Post a Comment