Tuesday, June 5, 2012

YOUR HEART'S DESIRE

Psalm 20:4  "May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed."

Just what is the desire of your heart?  And having thought about it, what does the Word of God say about it.  In Psalm we read that the Lord will give you the desire of your heart....and He will make all your plans succeed.  Do you believe this?  The Lord put this in my spirit this morning and caused me to give it "real" thought,

I believe that the desire of our heart should be a real relationship with our Lord.  But having said that, there is nothing wrong with the desire of your heart being something in ministry, some type of work, someone you love, your children....as long as our God is in the midst of your desired things.  I don't believe for one minute that the Lord, our God, is going to give you the desire of your heart if He knows it is going to harm you.  The Lord loves us far too much to purposely allow us to get hurt.  Now if we keep insisting on something, even if it is not what He would have for us, I do think He will allow that just to return us to Him when we find He was right all along.  Just like you will finally let your child have more candy knowing that they had more than enough, you just get tired of their begging and tell them, go ahead.  Well, what you actually say is, "Go ahead and don't come crying to me when you get sick".  Sound familiar?  I believe the Lord gets tired of our begging for something that is not good for us also, and so I think He will finally say, okay, here it is....however, I don't think He adds the last part.  I know He is always there when we come to Him, regardless of our foolishness.

But when the Lord sees our desire for something that is in His purpose for our lives, our purpose that He has planned just for us, I believe He rejoices that we have come along side of what His plans are, of what His purpose for us is, and what is ultimately His desire for us also, and He will flood our being with the knowledge that He is going to give us the desire of our heart.  I also believe when we surrender our will to His will for us, to His perfect plan, we will know that whatever comes, the Lord is bringing it to us for our good, to grow us, to draw us even closer to Him than ever and our desire will deepen for Him to carry out His plan in us, for us. 

When our desire, the deepest desire of our heart blends in with the desire of our Father's heart for us, there is a melting of both hearts, ours and the Lords, into one beautiful relationship.  You will know that the Lord is going to fulfill your desire, He is going to bring your purpose to fruition, and you will find your walk with the Lord one of complete harmony.

My Lord, my God, let my walk with You bring wonderful satisfaction to You, and to me.  Let me know that the desire of my heart is one with the desire of Your heart.  Bring me to the point in my life that I do not end but that I blend into One with You, here on earth and in heaven.  Let the purpose You have for my life bring You glory as I walk into the path You have set before me, always with joy for each new day, always trusting and knowing that You are right there with me, holding my hand, giving me the desire of my heart.

06-05-12

No comments:

Post a Comment