Monday, June 11, 2012

JESUS LIVED LIFE

Ecclesiastes 11:8a  "However many years a man may live, let him enjoy them all."

The scriptures in Ecclesiastes speak of  meaningless, everything is meaningless; but despite it all, enjoy your life is the intention here, the message here.

I watched a movie Sunday night that I had taped during the Easter season; entitled "Jesus".  I watched it with the knowing that it would be Hollywood stretched, intended for enjoyment; not being a movie that follows scripture exactly.  So with that in mind, I watched as Jesus, at the beginning of His ministering years was baptised by John.  The movie flashed back several times to His youth, His enjoying it as most children do.  Then the movie showed times that Jesus danced with joy, teased with His disciples and laughed.  He laughed and He laughed.    I must confess when I saw this I could feel criticism rise up in me at the liberties the producers took with my Lord's life.  Guess it is all the religious upbringing I had.  I was instantly brought under conviction by the Lord, asking me, "Do you think I did not enjoy my life?  Do you think I was solemn and stiff?" 

The Lord, patient as always with me, let waves of thought come through me.  I had always looked at the Word, it's telling through the Gospels of Jesus' life, making me think He was always just serious, as He ministered, as He healed, as He loved people.  The Word does not elaborate on each day of His life....we would not be able to pick up the Bible it would be so thick, if  It did.   But the Lord showed me that His life was joyful.  He did not go through life thinking each day, dutifully, that in a short time He would die, He would go to the cross to redeem the sinful children of His Father.  This was His purpose, this was why He came to earth, but He also came to show us how to live.  How to live a righteous life, free of sin, but also how to enjoy the life that the Father has given each of us.  Jesus wanted us to be free of our sin so we could enjoy the blessed life that the Lord promised each of us that come to Him.  We are to love, laugh, and live our lives according to His Word.  Free to laugh, free to dance, free to be who He made us to be.

We all know the things that will come to this earth, we know what the Word of God tells us will take place; perversion and sin will be rampant on earth, Christians will be persecuted.  But the Lord wants us to give those fears to Him, to accept His peace in ALL things, and above all, live the life He has made possible for us; a life that is enjoyed to the fullest each day.

Thank You, Lord, for Your words to me.  I cherish Your presence in my life; that You are with me even through watching movies, reading books, anything I do, and that You take the time to use what I am reading or seeing to teach me more about You, my Beloved Lord.  You make my life worth living, Lord, and I want to enjoy each and every day in You.

06-11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment