Wednesday, June 6, 2012

THE SPIRIT AND LIFE OF GOD

Ezekiel 36:27  "And I will put my spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to follow my laws."

As I was driving home from work, it was raining, and as I looked up into the sky, it was all darkly clouded over except one space.  The Lord told me He was watching over me and He wanted me to see that His Light was there.  Then the music began to play "O The Glory" and as the words came, "we Your temple", the Lord began to talk to me. 

The Lord told me that He had chosen to put His spirit, His Holy Spirit in me, in each of His redeemed children.  He showed me that at death, the only thing in me that lives on is my spirit; the spirit being life.  And then He revealed to me, that as I was made in His image, my spirit being my life, His spirit is His life.  Yes, I know, the Word tells us that the Lord lives in us, but what a revelation in my being, when the Lord showed me that as my spirit is my life that lives on in Him, His Spirit is His life that lives on in me.  I just began to weep.

What trust, what amazing trust, for the Lord to place His life in our hands.  Just as we have placed our life in His hands, He has done the same.  He has trusted me enough to put His life, His Spirit in my keeping.  As the Lord nurtures me, I must nurture His Spirit that is in me.  How, you ask?  I must nurture the Lord's spirit in the only way that matters to Him.  I must love the Holy Spirit, I must worship the Lord, I must honor the Lord and I must obey His Spirit.  I must follow His laws that He has given me, given us all.  In order to stay in One with the Lord's Spirit, that dwells in me, that beautiful, precious Life that is entrusted to me, I must give all of myself to the nurturing of my Lord's life.  If I were to do something contrary to His will, His Spirit grieves, and because I love Him so, I grieve terribly when I do this.  We all will do somethings that will grieve the Spirit of God, but instantly we will know it and must repent, we must come before the Lord, offering our love and thanksgiving for His mercy, His grace.  He will see our repentant heart and forgive us, draw us near to Him, hold us close as we pour our love on Him.

My God, thank You for Your love, for Your revelation showing me Your Life, Your Spirit in me that is so much more than what we can ever imagine.  Your secrets that You reveal as I draw closer and closer to You are so precious to me.  I will love You forever my Lord.  Your Spirit draws me and I come running to You.

06-06-12

No comments:

Post a Comment