Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I KNOW THERE'S MORE

John 7:37b  "If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink."

Blessed, I am so blessed, Lord.  Each morning when I wake, I think of where I am this day, and how blessed I am.  I thank You my God, as I wake, I thank You.  I never want to take what You have done for me for granted, as I know without Your grace, Your precious grace, I would not know this life You have given me. 

I find that lately I have been basking in the love You pour out onto me each day.....and I feel tonight that I am missing the mark.  I know You desire me to happy, blessedly happy, but I know there is another desire You have for me.  You want me to want more....much more of You.

So often Lord, we get in a place where we are so blessed and, well I can only speak for myself, but I begin to feel like it would be selfish....perhaps that is not the right word....maybe greedy is the word that would describe how I feel at times.  Like I am greedy if I desire more, if I want to go deeper in You, to seek more of You than I have.  You have shown me Lord, that there are depths to You that I have only begun to see....I know there's more....and I want more.

Yes, I see, Lord....You desire me to come closer, to seek You, to want more of You, of Your words, of Your love, of Your sweet scent....the very smell of You gives my senses new meaning, new heights.  I don't think I can be happy now, now that You have shown me it is Your desire for me to have more.  I have to come closer to You, Lord God, so much closer.  Seems like as I get busy during the day doing the things You have me working at, that I am distanced from You...but that is the enemy's tricks to make me think You are not near.  You are showing me that just because we have life to live on this planet, in this sinful world, that we are still in You.  I can be in this world but not of this world, as I am of You.  When we are of You, it puts a barrier between us and the world we live in.  It's a shield, the shield of faith that we wear, that keeps the splatter of sin, of evil, the wickedness that prevails on earth from wearing us down; from defeating us.  Your grace, poured out like a river, the sweet river that flows down from Your throne, washes us, cleansing us, refreshing us.  Your Word, written so long ago.....only You knew, Father, how the Words You gave would continue to give life to us, generations down from when it was written.  Words that were meant for eternal help, eternal guidance to a people that would continue to get it wrong, to fall short, to miss the mark of You, of Your glory.

Tonight, my Lord, I want to go to places that my heart has yearned for, but my mind, thinking it wrong to constantly ask for more, would not take me....but tonight, I am going past what my thoughts would be, and I am letting Your Spirit draw my heart, my soul, my spirit to that place of new heights where You are waiting for me.  One level at a time, You are showing me, where new knowledge of You exists, where intimacy will enclose me, and where I will find myself walking with the love of my life, my Lord, my God.  I know there is more, and I will not stop until I have that fullness, that beautiful fullness of my Lord in me.

09-26-12

1 comment:

  1. Hi my friend! I enjoy your writing very much and i am blessed by them! Keep on keeping on my faithful friend!

    ReplyDelete