Sunday, October 21, 2012

THE BEST IS YET TO COME

Habakkuk 1:5  "Look among the nations and watch...Be utterly astounded!  For I will work a work in your days Which you would not believe, though it were told you."

If you are like I am, in the, well, I don't know if you would consider this to be the fall or beginning of winter of my life.  I think a lot of things go into play, other than age, when you consider what season of your life you are in.  But, back on track, it is the older years of my life, and now, it seems like I have just begun to live.  A lot of us, and up until a couple of years ago, I did too, see ourselves as winding down our lives, instead of just beginning.  The Lord, our Awesome God, has His plans for us all, plans that astonish us, and our friends and families as well. 

This verse in Habakkuk, I read it this afternoon and the words "work" and "days" radiated to me.  His work begins when He has planned it.  Our days, I truly believe are in the mature days of our lives, not only age, but our spiritually mature days.  Yes, we think, if I were younger, there is so much I could have done, had the Lord called me to it then.  But, if you will look back, I am sure you will agree with me, were we spiritually ready for the work the Lord had for us; would we have followed closely after Him; or would we have argued with Him as to His timing, how it worked with our life at that time.  The Lord knows us only so well.  We may have been in church many years back then, but were our minds, our hearts, as yielded as we thought they were?

These past few years, as I have grown closer and closer to my Lord, as my thoughts center on Him, as my heart yearns for His Presence, I can see what I had dreamed and thought was gone, the stirring of my heart to work in ministry, but not seeing.....Ezekiel 12:22 "Son of man, what is this proverb that you people have about the land of Israel, which says, "The days are prolonged, and every vision falls?"  These are our thoughts when we get to a certain age, and what we dreamed of  has not come true, we fall into that pattern of believing the voice of the enemy that tells us, "too bad, your God has forgotten your dreams, you are past the age of usefulness to Him".  Have you also heard that?  The enemy is so good at making us feel as though we were passed up.....but not true.  Our Lord never passes by without seeing us, without seeing our heart's desire to serve Him....He waits, though, until His timing is right to place us on the path He has made for us, His plan for our life.  His perfect timing, His perfect plan.  Just because you see others in what we might consider the prime time of their life being used by the Lord does not mean He does not have a time, a path, a plan for us. He has a plan for each of His children, and I believe He has special plans for those of us whose heart desire is to serve Him with all that is in us.

I have found, that now, at this time of life I am in, that the best is just beginning, and I know it will get better each and every day, as I keep myself yielded to Him, as I keep my worship, my love songs flowing up to Him, and as I seek His face, long for His Presence...yes, my Lord, I know, the best is yet to come.

10-21-12

No comments:

Post a Comment