Sunday, August 5, 2012

THE PEARLS, THE LAND AND THE LIGHT

Psalm 138:8  "The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever...do not abandon the works of your hands."

Taking a break to relax for a little while, I watched a movie about settlers many, many years ago.  Three things struck me as the real theme of this movie....pearls, land and light.  As I was watching the Holy Spirit kept showing me things of my God, how everything I watch, I see, I do, and I think all revolve around Him, around what His thoughts are....not mine, but His.  My Lord's thoughts are so beautiful, so wonderful, it is no wonder that I prefer to yield my thoughts to His.  Why would I want to think on things of this earth in my limited thought process when I can have His thoughts revealed to me, His thoughts that bring peace and joy to me.  I yield to You, my Lord, always to You.

The Pearls.  At one time, pearls meant a great deal to ladies as they were handed down from generation to generation.  Mothers giving them to their daughters, usually on their wedding day.  I saw through my spiritual eyes, the pearls that were given to us, God's children, as we will wear them on our wedding day to the King of kings, the Prince of peace, God's Son, the Bridegroom of Eternal Life.  At a great cost these pearls were bought for the Bride, and they will not be taken from me, or you.  They are ours for eternity.  The pearls must be worn constantly as if not they will take on an unnatural color.  Pearls that are worn are a beautiful creamy, rich color; vibrant with life.  The pearls, the true gifts of the Spirit, a gift from the Father to the Bride of His Son.  These gifts are meant to be seen, meant to be always worn by the Bride.  Pearls that are not worn, when we do not walk with the Lord as we should, we are failing to wear our pearls; then these pearls, not worn daily,  become dry, hardened, a dreary color.  Life drains from these pearls when they are not worn as they were given to be worn. 

The Land.  We were promised the land of milk and honey; the promised land,  prepared for us by the Father to enrich our lives, an inheritance for His children.  On our land we must plant, we must water, we must harvest.  Each harvest we must reserve some of the seed for the next planting.  We must  always make sure we have seed for planting.  If we sow good seed, we get a good harvest.  The only way we can sow good seed is to read the Word of our Lord and let that seed begin to grow inside of our hearts, filling our spirits with an overflow of love and kindness for those the Lord puts around us.  As we love in the way that Jesus loves, then we can begin to plant this seed in the hearts of those around us.  Even I have heard tales of how people talk to their plants to make them healthier.  I don't know if this is true, but I believe that all people, pets, and probably plants all respond to real love, not just talk but heartfelt love.  When we plant a word in someone to show them the way to our Lord, it is so important that we do not leave them unattended, it is necessary to make sure this ground, the land that we have planted this seed on stays watered, talked to, and kept healthy.  We cannot abandon this land once it is planted.  It is a work, it is love, it is part of our inheritance.....as we share the Lord's love, His blessings, the land prospers, the land grows, the kingdom is blessed.

The Light.  None of us are removed from temptation.  But temptation is not sin.  We must keep oour eyes on the Light.   We have our pearls, the gifts of the Spirit and wear them daily as children of God.  The richer the glow of our pearls, the more the enemy will come against us, the more intense the battle will become.  The enemy will try to make us leave the land we have planted, giving up before the harvest comes, and some fall, some give up.....but look ahead, those who become weary and worn; those of us that keep trudging on through the dark, with faith in our hearts, look ahead, can you see it?  Can you see the Light that never fades, that is always shining, like a beacon for a ship, the Light is bright and steady.  The Light that is ever before us, showing us the way; always reminding us that there is One who will never leave His pearls, or the land He has planted, He will always be showing us the way.  The Light will shine for us until that day we pass through that Holy Gate into His Eternal Light.  The Light of the world is shining for me and for you.  Our Lord loves us so.

The pearls, the most precious gift given through the sacrifice of our Bridegroom; the land, promised as an inheritance, planted, kept healthy by the watchful eye of the Holy Spirit, and harvested by God to become the Bride of His Beloved Son, Jesus and He shines His Light that we may never lose our way on our journey to the Wedding, to our destiny, to our Bridegroom.

08-05-12

No comments:

Post a Comment