Monday, April 29, 2013

COMPLACENCY AND ACCEPTANCE - GREVIOUS TO OUR GOD



2 Chronicles 7:14  If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”

The Lord has been pouring into me for the last few days, just keeps having me look at the things I see on television, the things I read on Facebook, and the way this world is headed.  Calling me to write, to put His heart in words as He gives to me.  As I kept putting it off, then the Lord began to bring Jonah to mind.  When He wants me to write something, He works on me with one thought after another until He shows me where I am headed.  And so tonight, ……

As I read the Word of God, as I look at this scripture in particular, God is speaking to His people, who are called by His Name…..us, Christians….He is not even speaking to those who have rejected Him, who do not worship Him, who do not call Him Lord.

It is grievous to me when I see the sin of this earth, as I know it grieves the Lord.  But what is even more grievous to the Lord is the complacency and the acceptance of the sins of the world.  The more it is put before us, the more things become ingrained in our subconscious, and the more it sinks in, the less it is thought about.  It becomes a part of everyday life….but it is sin.  Complacency, acceptance toward things that are contrary to the Word of God becomes as sin in us. 

It is God’s people, those of us who call Him Lord that He speaks to.  It is for us to come out from the crowd, to step out and make a stand for the things of God, not the things of the world.  He calls to us to pray, not to judge others for their sin, not to criticize, but to pray for the opening of their eyes, their hearing to be awakened to the things of God, not the world, to step away from their sinful ways and to repent of their sin.  And IF we are walking as we should before God, IF we are praying for these lost in sin, then WE WILL be able to lead them to the foot of the cross, where in repentance….they too, will receive forgiveness and eternal life in Jesus Christ.

Father, I pray this is as You would have me write, that Your thoughts will be seen here, not mine, and that Your Word will be instilled upon the hearts of those who call upon You as their Father.  I pray that our sins of complacency and acceptance will be repented of, as we seek Your forgiveness and thank You for Your mercy and grace on our lives.  Let us then Lord, be as One with You, to show Your love, to show Your mercy and be a roadmap that others can see to find their way to You.


Patspennings 04-29-13

No comments:

Post a Comment