Wednesday, March 30, 2016

My Spirit Grieves

Webster defines grieve as "feel grief, be very sad...but also to make very sad, afflict".  In Ephesians 4 we find instruction to the "New Man"; putting off the old man, former conduct, thinking, behaviors, lusts and becoming renewed in the spirit of your mind, putting on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness.  And DO NOT GRIEVE THE SPIRIT.  Here is the place that I feel myself now.

As I see the things going on around me, the actions of my brothers and sisters in Christ.....and forgive me Lord, myself included, I have become grieved in my spirit as I see the grieving of the SPIRIT of God.  As I feel His heart, aching for the love and passion of His children.....to seek Him first, to leave the things of the world behind....to love Him completely, trusting and obeying.  Yes, I know......I understand how easy it is to be caught up in the things of this earth, especially now as elections are coming up and there is so much debate and conflict in who, what, why's of the candidates.  As I seek the Lord in who I should support with my vote.....wanting so deeply to do as the Lord would have me do.....seeing all the propaganda that is flashed before me on social media, on the news.....what difficulty lies in this.  How sad it is to see so many proposing things of the Lord that makes you wonder if you serve the same God.  How strange it is to sit and contemplate what is being said as "God's will" and be confused as to the manner of the candidate which goes again everything of God.  Surely this cannot be.  These are Christian leaders......these are folks that you have seen write about the love and grace of our Lord.....these are people that you have come to rely on for the truth of the Word.....and now it leaves wonder.....doubt......questions.

This, however, I do know.  I do know that God is in control of all things.  Satan might rule the earth as we, God's children, continually seem to give him that power.....how grievous is that, my friends, how very grievous is that......But in all things, God is all Power, all Majesty, all Glory.  I know all things can turn around in an instant, if we would but return our hearts and minds to our God, our living God.  He alone can restore, heal and empower His people to take back what is His, to take back the land He gives to us, and to become Victorious in Him.

Victory can only be found in Jesus. Victory is not in money, power or fame.  Victory alone is in Jesus.  Eternal life is victory.  Life on this earth is victorious when living for the Lord alone.  How I desire to be one of the victorious walking on this earth.....letting His Light shine through me....not living in fear but in victory.

When grief comes on me as it has lately, seeing around me the following of man and not of the Lord, it causes the Light in me to dim....not that my Lord has left me, but a mindful thing only of me, hurting.....knowing how much this hurts  my God......especially now, just past Resurrection Sunday, the remembrance of the sacrifice made for me....for us....knowing He died for me, loving me so.  How I desire to live....live only for my Lord God....daily.....not grieving Him but following Him, listening only to His voice, not being swayed by what I see.....what I hear.....what I feel.  But by trusting in His Word....in His Spirit as He leads me in the will of my Father.

No comments:

Post a Comment