Thursday, January 10, 2013

THE LIGHT THAT OVERCOMES

1 Peter 2:9  "But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light."

As I was out running errands earlier, I looked up (habit, always watching, always looking for Him to come) and saw the dark clouds and instantly my eyes went to the white clouds and then to the open blue sky peaking through.  The Holy Spirit at that time, instantly dropped in my spirit.....you always look for the Light, and in doing so, you remain teachable.  What followed is another lesson, another way in which the Lord took what many would find ordinary and use it to teach me, to instruct me and to encourage me.

If we are to remain in the ways of our Lord, we must always look for the Light.  If we allow ourselves to be drawn into the ways of the world, into the lusts of the world, our spirits will slowly lose the Light and become dark.  When this happens, the dark closes out our ability to learn from the Lord, it makes the voice of the Lord seem distant and we lose understanding as once we had.  One of our most important assets is our hearing the voice of the Lord.  We already have to listen so closely, as the sounds and distractions of the world try to drown out that beautiful, sweet voice.....I believe it is the Lord's intention that we should not have it easy to hear Him, but that He see we do everything we can to make certain we hear Him.  He wants to see His children, who love and adore Him, give it all up, reach above to heights unwalked, and listen only for His voice, His instruction, His guidance.  As we look for His Light, we will step out of whatever darkness is in the world.

If we seem to always see the dark side of things, the negative side.....whether it be in our day to day jobs, our homes, what we see on the news....it can all be so overwhelming, but we cannot let it drag us into the dark.....we must still look and know that our Lord is in control, He is with us, and He will not ever let us go from Him.  He will never forsake us.  How hurtful it must be, how grievous to our God, when His children lose hope so quickly when things do not go as wanted, as planned.  We will have trials, my friends, but at these times, it is when the Light should become so bright in us, through us, that we, as well as those watching us, never doubt on Whom we believe.  Remember, always, the verse...."What can man do to me".  They cannot touch the child of God, unless that child loses faith, loses hope, falls into darkness.

The Light that overcomes, is our Lord, in us, living in us, the Holy Spirit.  Always, when you see darkness, look for the Light, the Light is always there and will always overcome darkness.  Thank You, Lord, for Your words to me this day.....for Your Light that takes me just where I want to always be.....at Your feet, learning from You.  Let me always have the teachable spirit that You desire for me. I want to learn more and more of You, daily, as I live for You,

01-10-13

1 comment: